Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maynooth / kilcock

Options
  • 18-08-2005 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all im moveing in to my new house its between maynooth and kilcock and was lookin for somw info on the aera where to head out to im 26 male ! and i need some new cloths where is the best place to go i like good cloths so im lookin for a good mens wear shop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

well there is a night club in enfield called rapture, its in johnstown bridge. Its meant to be pretty good.
    If you are looking for mens clothes you should head into liffey valley. All you need to do is get the 66 bus from matnooth village.
    Hope I'v helped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Gregory's in Kilcock is where all the young crowd hang out. Its good, but its better to go out in any of the pubs in Maynooth cos all the students are there. The clothes shop in Kilcock is very decent, Monaghan Fields. They sell all designer gear and suits. Liam and JP are very helpful too, really sound. Hope this helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ben sherman

thanks for that had a look at that shop in kilcock (monaghan fields) and its nice they have some very good cloths in there and the man in there was nice kilcock is very quite town went to rapture and its not bad eather, but have to say bradys in maynooth is very good the girls are hot looks like ill have to be going to thet cloths shop a lot to see can i pull in bradys lol, so what is there to do in eather towns besides drink ?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Eh... not much else to do besides drink. A word of warning btw - if you're a dub - maynooth and kilcock are close but they're totally different. Kilcock is very much Kildare, they have a strong accent, unlike the suburban dublin accent in Maynooth. So you might experience anti-dublin attitudes there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NITE-OWL

Eh... not much else to do besides drink. A word of warning btw - if you're a dub - maynooth and kilcock are close but they're totally different. Kilcock is very much Kildare, they have a strong accent, unlike the suburban dublin accent in Maynooth. So you might experience anti-dublin attitudes there.

well with an attitude like that obviously you will experience anti dub attitudes!! the dub accent in maynooth comes from the peoply who have moved to maynooth from dublin! as for kilcock its not a strong accent its a very soft flat accent again with the exception of people who have moved there!! personally if i had to pick between the two id go for kilcock as it would lean more on the friendly side!!

NITE-OWL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

...with an attitude like that, I must have already experienced anti-dub attitudes.
    Interesting point about Maynooth because the native Leixlip accent is definitely a Dublin one. The caretaker in my school was a 70-year old who had the unique distinction of being born in the town and living there all his life(very rare for anyone in Leixlip over 25), and he has a Dublin accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Brady's would be your best bet for a good pub in Maynooth. The Roost gets a bit much at times. As for men's clothes shops, even with the new Manor Mills shopping centre there's still nothing clothes wise for men here yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ben sherman

well i have to say kilcock people are very nice and frendley, and some of the pubs are ok, maynooth has a good night life like bradys thak kilcock lacks, but maynooth has no good shops for men but kilcock has one menswear, so im glad to be in the middle as i have a choice where to go ;). i like the accent in kilcock and i dont find it strong at all .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Grad

There's a new Dunnes Stores opened in maynooth but I haven't been in it yet. They're usually great for clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madboggar

check out Maynooth.org it is a great site for information about Maynooth

http://www.maynooth.org

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NITE-OWL

Grad wrote:
    There's a new Dunnes Stores opened in maynooth but I haven't been in it yet. They're usually great for clothes.

you can NOT compair Dunnes Stores with Monaghan Fields.......

NITE-OWL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well, if you like going to the gym, the Glenroyal Hotel in Maynooth has one with a Swimming Pool, but NUI Maynooth have a cheaper gym with no pool (The University pool is for Students and staff only).

There are plenty of night-courses on offer and loads of sports clubs around the place. Several good Martial Arts clubs around Maynooth, Lucan and Leixlip too.

So apart from Drinking, there is loads to do in this catchment area. Enjoy.

Save Maynooth town Tree Lined Avenue

Sign the petition - http://portal.maynooth.org/index.php?option=com_mospetition&Itemid=175&func=sign

Check out kilcock.org for news and information about kilcock.

http://www.kilcock.org >> New Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I'm from Leixlip and the accent is the same as that of Lucan, it's Dub-lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some incense in Maynooth. Not familiar with the shops in the town and need to top up on some.

Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Harmony Holistic Health in the square beside Bradys pub should sell incense I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

SQ2 wrote: »
    Harmony Holistic Health in the square beside Bradys pub should sell incense I'd say

Thanks sq2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm from Leixlip (obviously ;)) and I reckon the accent depends on your parents. I have a Dublin accent as both my parents are Dubs but some of my friends would be more neutral as there parents might be from the country. Leixlip/Maynooth/Celbridge areas all have quite neutral accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some incense in Maynooth.

There was a spider in the bath this morning...

• Advertisement
Advertisement