Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition works - lets keep it that way.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I realise that to be Irish and Catholic is a very envyable thing, but I am not pretending! :)
    About 3/4 of a million folks up north who could be both these things at will have decided they're ok as they are. I was both these things and am only one of them now by my own choice, so it's not as envyable as you might think. :rolleyes:

I won't comment on your strange comment about my nationality. I have no need or desire to explain it to you.

Anyway, I take it you'd be ok with us rejoining the Commonwealth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Its only a majority of a section of Ireland, not the whole counrty. England divided it so such a majority was possible.
    That's as may be; it's still a country of sorts in its own right for the moment, NOT a part of Ireland (Republic of).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its only a majority of a section of Ireland, not the whole counrty. England divided it so such a majority was possible.
    But what has that to do with expressing a wish on a discusison forum being disrespectful?

jc

Advertisement