Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of speed limit on N11

Options
  • 18-08-2005 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the change of speed limit on the Foxrock to Loughlinstown stretch of the N11 - it looks like the speed limit has been changed from 80KMPH and 60 KMPH to 50KMPH :eek: This is probably the best stretch of the N11 with the least amount of traffic lights, barriers etc, and it now has the lowest speed limit. The signs do not look temporary either...

I really don't know how they expect people to respect speed limits when they impose ridiculous limits like this :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only thing on the dlrcoco website I can find concerns a few temporary 50km/h imits for roadworks. http://www.dlrcoco.ie/Roads/N11_speedlimit_ad.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

The section between Cabinteely and loughlinstown has been 50kph for a couple of years now.

It used to be 60kph between foxrock church and cornelscourt, then 80kph between cornelscourt and cabinteely, then 50kph to loughlinstown.

From St John of gods to the roundabout at Shankill should be an 60kph zone, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The section between Cabinteely and loughlinstown has been 50kph for a couple of years now.

It used to be 60kph between foxrock church and cornelscourt, then 80kph between cornelscourt and cabinteely, then 50kph to loughlinstown.

From St John of gods to the roundabout at Shankill should be an 60kph zone, IMO.

It was 50KMPH when the roadworks around Loughlinstown / Cherrywood were being carried out. It was then upgraded to 60KMPH (maybe 6 months ago).

From just after Foxrock church to after the turn off to Johnstown road was 80KMPH and has been for years.

60 KMPH is too slow for that road - it is as good as a road you will get in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Possibly an attempt to encourage people to use the m-50, which duplicates this stretch, as far as I know.

ssh wrote:
    Possibly an attempt to encourage people to use the m-50, which duplicates this stretch, as far as I know.

That's a good point. I have to say the M50 to M11 stretch is fantastic, if at all possible I use it when out that neck of the woods

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote:
    60 KMPH is too slow for that road - it is as good as a road you will get in Ireland.
    I would agree except that there are too many junctions, a travellers halting site, a few houses and a couple of petrol stations.

I would agree except that there are too many junctions, a travellers halting site, a few houses and a couple of petrol stations.

Fair enough, but at least 60KMH though, 50 is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does it have median crash barriers?

Does it have bus stops?

Is every junction grade seperated, with provision for pedestrians, cyclists and oither vulnerable users?

>Does it have median crash barriers?
    Yes

>Does it have bus stops?
    No, don't think so.

>Is every junction grade seperated, with provision for pedestrians, cyclists and oither vulnerable users?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

eoin_s wrote:
    That's a good point. I have to say the M50 to M11 stretch is fantastic, if at all possible I use it when out that neck of the woods

It is fantastic. I said goodbye to my old car on it on Wednesday evening. 1/4 tank of petrol burned in 25 minutes :)

• Advertisement

>Does it have median crash barriers?
    Yes

>Does it have bus stops?
    No, don't think so.

>Is every junction grade seperated, with provision for pedestrians, cyclists and oither vulnerable users?
    Yes.

It does have bus stops (very irregular service at the moment), but it also has a 24 hour bus lane all the way until the roundabout. It really is the best stretch of the N11. Hopefully it is a temporary thing, but the signs don't look temporary...

Advertisement