Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even better than the real thing

Options
  • 18-08-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Ever heard any of those 'even better than the real thing' albums that today fm are always bringing out?

Well, I was just going through all the recording sessions I have saved on my laptop from various projects with the band and found this 'peach' which I'd forgotten about. We'd just spent a day shifting recording gear and backline from one house to another and then up into my attic, so we got fairly baked and decided to test it out by recording some Avril Lavigne. Why Avril? I have no idea. It's just vocals/acoustic/piano and bass.

Listen here

This is the second take, the first take was a comedy of laughing, wrong words and wrong chords.

Anyone else got any ridiculous cover version like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

avrils is a cover version..

is this you singing??

u got any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Really? Who wrote it so?

Not me singing, I'm playing the piano. I don't have any other covers of stupid songs. Just one of High and Dry. But it was recorded about 3 years ago and it's embarressingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Great sound on it, but I think due to the source material I wouldn't be compelled to listen to it twice. Fair play to you though, it's very good except the song is crap, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i just had a google and im infact wrong sorry

lol i thought it was better then the original .. *hides*

Advertisement