Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paid but never got item-scammed outta £3

• 18-08-2005 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

ok so i bought windows 3 from ebay for 5p and 3£ postage got invoice as requested paid 3 days later.......that was 8 days ago ive filed a complaint with paypal now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Did you hear anything from the seller (email, confirmation of order etc.)?
    What was his/her level of feedback?
    What country are they based in?
    How long did they expect shipping to take?
    Have you emailed them to ask why the delay (if any)?

8 days seems a very short time to be already dismissing them as dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

8 days does seem short, I've had stuff take as long as a month (from HK) but got it in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UK postage or Parcelforce packages can often take a week , chill until Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

8 days? Pfft. 5 weeks is my record wait on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

he wont respond to emails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

I paid $280 for an mp3 player.didnt work.sent it back.broke.lost in post.they claimed they never got it back!so now some smug c*** is sittin there with his cowboy hat on usin my damn player he stole!!!!:mad:
    beat that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Maybe you should rewrite your emails in Mandarin or Cantonese, then you might get a reply.

Btw. Jovial wins the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I think its dependant on the price of the item and also if you've requested the status of the item with the seller and recieved no update in 5-6 days. I've logged a complaint with paypal today regarding an item I bought 8 days ago for €300. Payed promptly and requested proof of shipping and tracking number as it was to be DHL'd to me. No response to 4 emails to seller so a complaint has gone in. If the item was under a tenner I probably wouldn't be too concerned yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

And did you people who didn't get items/seller didn't respond to emails / etc buy from a seller with a high rating and high number of sales?

Well this is the second problem I've had with ebay sellers in the last two months. Both are power sellers with 4000+ pts. Not that happy with the feedback option either. I eventually left negitive feedback to the first seller as he would not respond to my emails. Within the hour there was a reponse to the negitive feedback but no response directly to me till I contacted PayPal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

got an emil today saying he posted today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

weeder wrote:
    got an emil today saying he posted today

I posted today, honest!!!! :D

Wish I got an email from my guy! :mad:

Advertisement