Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bisexuality?

Options
  • 18-08-2005 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

is anyone here bisexual? i'm just curious, and i'v nothing against you if you do. i think its normal to feel the way ppl do. Wether ur a girl and u like girls or guys, it doesn't matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yes there is at least one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

LiouVille wrote:
    Yes there is at least one.
    There is? Cool, who? A/S/L?

20/male/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My god, what perfect specs. Take me now.

Are you a bisexual yourself Nirina?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't quite seem to make a statement, nor ask a question.

Bi people are people too. Just ordinary people who happen to find both males and females attractive. A common misconception is that all bisexuals are non-commital. In fact many are in committed relationships, just the gender of their partner may be different from the gender of their previous partner.

• Advertisement

And if there are many, many threads on the subject within this forum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Victor wrote:
    You don't quite seem to make a statement, nor ask a question.

Bi people are people too. Just ordinary people who happen to find both males and females attractive. A common misconception is that all bisexuals are non-commital. In fact many are in committed relationships, just the gender of their partner may be different from the gender of their previous partner.

I have to agree here.Im bi and have a girlfriend.But I dont want relationships wit girls cause I dont see myself having a future with them but my gf is my best friend and the both of us feel this way.

When men here women are bi its all ears and imediatly they say any chance of a threesome.It seems that bi women are allowed no respect.

Wit bi men women arent usully open to this as they see it as bad as two men being gay that its not natures way for two men to be together even if they are bi.

I think society,from what Ive seen,are accepting bi/lesbians/gays but they still have to progress future in respecting them

Nothing wrong with threesomes tbh. nothing inheriently disrepectfull about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tillys

Nirina wrote:
    is anyone here bisexual? i'm just curious, and i'v nothing against you if you do. i think its normal to feel the way ppl do. Wether ur a girl and u like girls or guys, it doesn't matter.

there are alot of people bi but dont come out and say,why curious,are you not sure about your own sexuality?

LiouVille wrote:
    Nothing wrong with threesomes tbh. nothing inheriently disrepectfull about it.

i didnt say there was anything disrepectful about them I said there was something isreptful about how some men pereceive them to be a chance to get off on two women together

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Nirina wrote:

What does that sentence in bold even mean? People will tend to feel like people, yeah.

This thread looks like it's only purpose is saying "I Nirina just discovered there's such thing as bisexual people and I'd just like to say; I'm ok with you being bisexual". Or what do you intend with this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Nidge wrote:
    This thread looks like it's only purpose is saying "I Nirina just discovered there's such thing as bisexual people and I'd just like to say; I'm ok with you being bisexual". Or what do you intend with this thread?
    Kinda been wondering that myself . . . :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Polly19 wrote:
    i didnt say there was anything disrepectful about them I said there was something isreptful about how some men pereceive them to be a chance to get off on two women together
    And lets face it, a threesome with someone like that would be crap.

Yes it would be cause youve got a man glaring and drolling at you and your girlfriend when your trying to have an intimate moment.Whereas a man taking it seriously would take care to bring u bout pleasure sexually wse rather then getting seriously turned on and f*****g you and ur gf hard cause hes so horny

As an aside

Bi-sexuality.

The majority of straight people if they where totally honest would admitt that they would have little problem actually being with a member of the same sex. But don't feel that it's "for them" so to speak. Don't feel they would have the same connections to a member of the same sex, as they do the opposite, or get as much out of it. The same goes for most gay people. Bi-sexuals however feel they can get the same out of either sex. OR at least the potential is there

You often hear Bi-sexuals say they have a preferences towards one sex or the other. Very few are a 50/50 split. However I think most would agree that regardless of gender, when you're with someone you tend to be into them to the same level, and get as much out of it, if that makes sense. That very basic and there's allot of different things involved. Like being more emotionally/physically into one gender then the other. Also the relationship roles tend to vary depending on which gender you're with, But imho, Just with any relationship, it depends on those specific people.

The Important thing to note is that things change. General gender preferences, emotional/physical preferences, relationship roles. They all vary over time. I started out with a very definite gender preference which has now complete been reversed. This is the nature of Bi-sexuality I think, and not something which should be confused with a phase.

Anyway, just my thoughts based on a conversation with john on Saturday. I'll probably add more later.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

My basic thoughts (and I could go into HUGE depth with this) for myself are: I go for people who are attractive to me (this then sidesteps what gender I like, given that quite a majority of my previous partners have been trans, of one state or another). Of course, whether they are attracted to me in return, or if I even have the courage to find this out and/or do anything about it - that's an ENTIRELY different issue.

(As a result I'm probably the least sexual bisexual you will meet. :S )

Take care,
    Aoife

Hmm, I think Claire_h said it best when she spoke on bi-sexuality awhile ago.

"There a big difference between appreciating both genders for their differences, and gender being irrelavent"

Sounds to me that gender is irrelavent to you, whereas for me I'm very aware that being with a woman is a completely different experience to being with a man. I might get as much out of it, but what i get will be difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think Liouville is right here. I can see how people can value differences, while others value similarities, if you understand me. In my case the similarities matter most.
    MJET

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Nirina wrote:
    is anyone here bisexual? i'm just curious, and i'v nothing against you if you do. i think its normal to feel the way ppl do. Wether ur a girl and u like girls or guys, it doesn't matter.[/QUOT
    Where you by any chance drunk when you wrote this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LiouVille wrote:
    "There a big difference between appreciating both genders for their differences, and gender being irrelavent".

That's not neccesarily true. One could appreciate gender difference in a sexual or emotional way but see little difference in a social sense. The too aren't mutually exclusive.

I find the term "bi-sexual" an odd concept. I am attracted to both men and women but I do not possess two sexualities. My feelings are one. Everyone of my straight guy friends that I've chatted to about this has admited to being attracted to other guys. Does that mean they are suddenly bi-sexual? If so then 100% heterosexual people are probably the greatest minority going!

I think that society will come to see attraction to both sexes as perfectly normal by it's own rules. It's a very simple thing and really is no big deal.
    Until then........have fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I think bisexuality was invented by gay men who don't have the guts to face up to reality and would rather lie to themselves and others by getting married. Any 'bi' guys i've met have always been married for years or in a long term relationship with a woman, never vice versa. How often do you hear of 40 something gay guys dumping their partners to run off with a woman, never !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Arcadian wrote:
    I think bisexuality was invented by gay men who don't have the guts to face up to reality and would rather lie to themselves and others by getting married. Any 'bi' guys i've met have always been married for years or in a long term relationship with a woman, never vice versa. How often do you hear of 40 something gay guys dumping their partners to run off with a woman, never !
    That's a rather close minded attitude to have if you ask me. Bisexuals can quite happily live a life fancying both sexes. And will have sexual experiences and the like with either sex if and when they choice. Yes, it can be done to confusion, and being afraid to swing in one direction, but whats so wrong with comfortably going both ways, and being happy to do so til the day ya die??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Arcadian wrote:
    Typical.

Now I realise that I'm only 17, and probably very naive, but I am bisexual. I'm not bi(passing) straight-town heading for gay-ville, but I'm genuinely attracted to both genders. I know it's cheesy and corny, but it's the person that counts, not the number of holes they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Arcadian wrote:
    I think bisexuality was invented by gay men who don't have the guts to face up to reality and would rather lie to themselves and others by getting married.

Bigotry is an equal opportunies ignorant breed. Even gays can be bigots.

That's not necessarily true. One could appreciate gender difference in a sexual or emotional way but see little difference in a social sense. The too aren't mutually exclusive.

There's a huge social difference between how people will react to same sex and opposite sex relationships. Sexuality is not a social concept it's about the individual and as such I've limited my argument to that. I see little difference between being with a man or a woman as far as the outside world goes, I act the exact same, that's a social thing. However within relationships I do see a difference. And it's that difference that attracts me. If I believes there was no difference between being with either gender I'd be with women, for the simple reason it would make my life easier. However I don't believe that to be the case

I find the term "bi-sexual" an odd concept. I am attracted to both men and women but I do not possess two sexualities.

In the same way Gay men might not be happy, and Lesbians probably aren't from lesbania. Where's your point?
    My feelings are one.

I'm abit confused, where do you mean by one. You mean that you feel the same way for boths sex'es? that's absolutely fine. I don't. Maybe the confusing bit is now but you and odd could be at be totally contrary to each other on this point yet still be bi?
    If so then 100% heterosexual people are probably the greatest minority going!

Follow closely by the 100% gay's, 100%assholes, 100% nice people, so on and so forth.
    I think that society will come to see attraction to both sexes as perfectly normal by it's own rules. It's a very simple thing and really is no big deal.
    Until then........have fun!!

Sure my not. Plenty of societies through out history have.

The only Jews I've ever met whore purple trousers, had cocks, and blew up balloons for a living, Therefore all Jews wear purple trousers, have cocks and blow up balloons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I'm not bigoted, it's simply an opinion. And like all opinions it's changeable. If i'm wrong i have no problem being corrected :D

Your opionion is based on crap mate, and its also pretty hard to make out where exactly your talking about. Are you talking about all those married 'bi' men looking for sex in gay classified? Whats this based on? Nobody is forced into marriage in ireland anymore.

Arcadian wrote:
    I'm not bigoted, it's simply an opinion.

Funny, I've never heard that, ever before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pinky53

Being Bisexual is all well and good,
    however, I think, alot of it comes down to society.
    If ur a bisexual girl and going out with a girl, wud you be as comfortable doing all the day to day things as you wud if you were seeing a guy?

Point is, I haven't met any that are willing to be so open. Are you willing to introdce to friends...family...these are the real questions

Advertisement