Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cassano headed for Milan?

• 18-08-2005 1:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Roumer has had it for months in Italy that Antonio Cassano would join juventus this summer but today Moggi (juves president) said that they are no longer interested in signing Cassano and that "Milan can have him".
    Now What I'm wondering is if Milan loaned Abbiati to juve on condition that they gave up on signing cassano in return leaving Miulan his only choice if he wants out of Roma (which has all but said, and the club feels the same way by all accounts).

This could be the best signing by milan since nesta and shevchenko and a 5 man midfeild with cassano, kaka and pirlo in it would surely be the most creative in the world (thats if they stay with 3 at the back) and would feed Gilardino and Shevchanko endless chances.

This transfer excites me more than anything milan have ever done in the last 10 years, I really hope it happens.

Oh yeah my source is goal.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Juventus claim either Aston Villa or Benfica will buy Italian forward Fabrizio Miccoli this week.

The Serie A champions want to find a permanent new home for the forward, who played at Fiorentina last season after joining them in a deal which ended up with his rights being co-owned by both Juve and the Viola.

"We need to sell a striker, and that would be Miccoli," said Juventus general director Luciano Moggi.

"In a couple of days time, we will know whether he will go to Benfica or Aston Villa."

Moggi stressed, however, that the sale of Miccoli would not lead to the acquisition of Roma's temperamental hitman Antonio Cassano, who has been linked with the club.

Current Juventus boss Fabio Capello coached Cassano at Roma before departing for the Turin club, but Moggi said: "Cassano is a good player but we have very good strikers, including Alessandro Del Piero."

Miccoli's permanent departure from Juve was all but sealed last summer when he criticised them for choosing to retain Del Piero's services instead of his own.

Even if Miccoli, 26, were to stay in Turin, he would struggle to break into the starting line-up.

The Italian international is surplus to requirements as David Trezeguet, Del Piero, Marcelo Zalayeta and Adrian Mutu are ahead of him in the pecking order at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Juventus have signed a defender, however, after buying Italian Federico Balzaretti from the city's other club, Torino.

Juve needed cover for veteran left-back Alessandro Birindelli, who tore ligaments in right knee earlier this month and faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Balzaretti, 24, spent three campaigns with Torino but was anxious to leave after the club was demoted to Serie B by the Italian football federation (FIGC) due to financial problems.

Juventus have also signed AC Milan's reserve goalkeeper Christian Abbiati on a one-year loan deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I posted abut Miccoli in the roumers thread, but he would be a great buy or villa, much better than baros, and can play on the right aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Cassano is a wonderfully talented player BUT is a complete nut job who's ego is bigger than his talent. Has caused hassle everywhere he's gone. Don't really think that Milan need him givne that they have Sheva, Bobo & Inzaghi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Seaneh wrote:
    ...a 5 man midfeild with cassano, kaka and pirlo in it would surely be the most creative in the world
    I don't watch much Italian football but isn't Cassano a striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

He's an attacking midfielder as far as i know, but Waster is right, he's a "complete nut job"...thinks he's God, but we know he'll never be as good as RF ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, no doubt he's got talent, but I still wouldn't want him at Milan. Already got enough firepower up front, signing him would be overkill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Whenever ive seen him, hes played as a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

he plays his best football behind the 2 strikers, which is kaka's role, so yeah....no chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Well, thats also Tottis role at Roma.... He is a striker. Well, ive only seen him playing as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is anybody else scared ****less of seeing Pirlo + Kaka + Shev + Gilardino attack together?
    They could play a 6-1-1-1-1 giving them all free roles, and they'd still score an absolute ****load of goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Add Vieri too. They have an unbelievable attack force, glad Spurs wont be facing them anytime soon!!!

Is anybody else scared ****less of seeing Pirlo + Kaka + Shev + Gilardino attack together?

maybe at man yoo they're scared....at liverpool we always find a way to win ;)

yeah with gilardino in there seems to be shevs long term replacement already in position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hey don't forget, their attack scored 3 against ya, its their defense who ****ed up :)

Hey don't forget, their attack scored 3 against ya, its their defense who ****ed up

the same defence united couldnt score against over 2 legs :D

anyway, no real high class calibre defenders have been added to the milan defence this year either, so the squads quality is a fair bit unballanced.

hopefully the squad is strong enough to get the league back

Last season Cassano spent most of his ime playing in an advanced left posistion, Montella and Delvecio played up front with totti behing them dacourt and mancini(sp) in the middle and the usual 4 at the back.

I don't think Milan will be moving for him, and whats even weirder is the roumer
    in Il Corriere dello Sport...

Wouldn't like to see this happening!

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=80895&idSez=20

el rabitos wrote:
    the same defence united couldnt score against over 2 legs :D

anyway, no real high class calibre defenders have been added to the milan defence this year either, so the squads quality is a fair bit unballanced.

hopefully the squad is strong enough to get the league back

Jankulovski isnt a quality defender?
    With him playing on the left and Kaladze (who is 6'4) moving into the middle to compete with nesta, maldini and stam I think Milan still have the best defence in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seaneh wrote:
    With him playing on the left and Kaladze (who is 6'4) moving into the middle to compete with nesta, maldini and stam I think Milan still have the best defence in the world.

You said that the day before the CL final too, you dont concede 3 sloppy goals in 45 minutes and say you have best defence, not like it was the 1st time the defence collapsed.

kdjac

Milan have rearly play badly at the back and generally it's because the whole team is playing bad and the midfeild isn't retainign the ball as well as they usually do (PSV second leg, liverpool second half).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Milan dont even have the best defence in Italy.

Jankulovski isnt a quality defender?

he plays as a midfielder aswell, he's a top class utility player, not a world class defender tbh. and i like the the guy, i was delighted when i first heard he was heading to milan.
    Milan dont even have the best defence in Italy.

agreed, nesta is the only man in that defence that could walk into any other defence in the world. and given the strength of some of the top defences in the worl right now, he might even struggle to do that

• Advertisement
Advertisement