Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples opinion on been banned ?

• 18-08-2005 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

If ur selling records i.e dance techno house etc ,from a sellers point of view and also a buyers,and also a dj's relation to a board where would the best place be to sell them? i got banned for this by the way, so il be glad of ur opinion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

tel922001 wrote:
    If ur selling records i.e dance techno house etc ,from a sellers point of view and also a buyers,and also a dj's relation to a board where would the best place be to sell them? i got banned for this by the way, so il be glad of ur opinion

Ebay proberly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

tel922001 wrote:

Were you not allowed to sell them on the buy and sell boards here no?

If not all I can say is damn dude you must have some seriously hardcore records!!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tell I tried to send you a pm the other day but boards went down.
    pm the mods of the for sale forum, or post in the feedback forum stating your problem,
    I wouldn't consider your post comerical sell whats so ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

If you got banned for commercial selling that's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Bri wrote:
    If you got banned for commercial selling that's a joke.

I thought that boards.ie only allowed private sellers. If it is commercial selling then surely it's against the charter or rulebook or whatever?

Not that I'd personally have a problem with of course (it might even be very beneficial) but I guess the owners probably don't want a mini-Ebay developing on the For Sale forum forcing out people who are just trying to get rid of some of their stuff in a quick and hassle free way and of course to free up some cash (that's usually why we all sell stuff right? For me it mostly is anyway)...

• Advertisement

No no you don't get me. If it was the same list of records as posted in here; how the hell is that commercial?

That's what I meant!

I'm all for the no-commercial sellers on a free service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Lenny wrote:
    Tell I tried to send you a pm the other day but boards went down.
    pm the mods of the for sale forum, or post in the feedback forum stating your problem,
    I wouldn't consider your post comerical sell whats so ever
    thats fair enough lenny , but i made a mistake about prices and i changed it straight away , im my eyes from a dj point of view records should be sold on music equipment and instruments , i trying fixing the problem , but i got banned for doin that aswell , i just think people with a little bit of power on boards will ban you for no reason , i was willing to change wat i done wrong wat more could i do?

Bri wrote:
    No no you don't get me. If it was the same list of records as posted in here; how the hell is that commercial?

That's what I meant!

I'm all for the no-commercial sellers on a free service.
    i am NOT a Comercial seller, im a dj who has lots of records for sale, wat is so wrong with selling them on to people who want them

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think theres a cd section put the records in there,
    also saw someone putting up vinly there yesterday in the general for sale forum too

tel922001 wrote:
    i am NOT a Comercial seller, im a dj who has lots of records for sale, wat is so wrong with selling them on to people who want them
    You asking me this or is it rhetorical?

I was purely voicing support for you given that it was pretty obvious you weren't commercially flogging a shop-load of stuff.

• Advertisement

Lenny wrote:
    I think theres a cd section put the records in there,
    also saw someone putting up vinly there yesterday in the general for sale forum too
    lets start a poll? dance records, weather they are house, breakbeat, electro, techno, where should they be sold? in my eyes records are more linked to music equipment than disc's , becasue people lookin for a new mixer or decks would more than likely be lookin for record aswell, so lenny do u think i should have got banned for wat i done? or would it have been better to just tell me wat i done wrong and let me change it? i wasn't gettin at u BRI just clearing the air, i agree with wat i said

If your post was the same as here I don't think you should have gotten banned, but I don't see you have done anything wrong, but as I said I'm not the mod of the for sale forum(I've got a 1 year global ban from the for sale sub section!)

So wat did u get banned for ? if u dont mind me askin?

Do a search in the general forum for the last 2 topics from me
    they could be in the for sale sin bin. one of them deffo is

if your too lazy, one of the topics was for selling me sisters rampant rabbit
    and the last one was for selling smokes

Lenny wrote:
    Do a search in the general forum for the last 2 topics from me
    they could be in the for sale sin bin. one of them deffo is

if your too lazy, one of the topics was for selling me sisters rampant rabbit
    and the last one was for selling smokes
    U serious , u dirty F***er , did u get more because it was used? is it still for sale, lol we are all crakin up here readin ur reply,classy peice if equipment to sell and more class cause its ur sisters

thats classic , u have some balls , or should i say ur sisters does for lettin u sell it

Well she never found out, sure shes very sexually active so she wouldn't even notice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lol?

Advertisement