Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C. etc

Options
  • 18-08-2005 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Well I figured someone had to ask.... I don't think there's many people on boards who did their leaving cert this year, but those of you who are, how'd you do and what will be happening for you college-wise? anyway, congrats to everyone.... I'm sure ye know there were 3 people who got 9 A1s, one was a fellow ex-ctyier, Laura Hurley, so well done to her. Scary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Doing mine in about 10 months...... that's a scary thought

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I did my Leaving this year, I'm absolutely delighted with my results because I have over a hundred points more than I need - and I got an A1 in English! Never thought that would happen. I'm going to be doing Science in Trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

I got an A1 in Music and an A2 in Irish which was a bit surprising.
    I'm going to study Music technology in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well done both of you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Explain music technology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

No.

I got an A1 in English, and 475 points in total. I'm ecstatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Woo! Well done to all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Cool well done, I did mine last year but took the year out to travel, I'm headin to Trinity to do pharmacy this year, so other ailbhe I'll be seein you around I imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i got 540, and havn't stopped smiling since :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Deadly, i got both Ailbhes gonna be knocking around college - if you want the guided tour around campus in freshers gimme a shout :)

• Advertisement

crash_000 wrote:
    Deadly, i got both Ailbhes gonna be knocking around college - if you want the guided tour around campus in freshers gimme a shout :)
    There is at least one other significant Ailbhe - I know this because in 2003 Paul the RA wrote a huge big note in my book about how much fun it was all those times we played frisbee, and I was like wtf? I never played frisbee! So I'm guessing he picked up my book and assumed it was a different Ailbhe

Whether she has shoes or not, we have yet to determine

Neil, are you going to be there in Freshers week? Cos I'd love to see you, it's been way too long! And other Ailbhe, can't wait to see you either!!

I get back from my time travelling on the 1st of October so i'll be back in time for fresher's week - i think i might be helping to run a stand or two that i foolishly agreed to :) so i'll be about :D

Which stands are you helping out with Neil? Anything I'd want to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

470 points. Should be doing Engineering in Trinity

Think i'm working the netsoc stand for a bit. and the comedy soc one maybe.

Also gonna be involved in stuff at the alternative freshers ball (good mate of mine is organising it so...)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Im not doing my LC for two years (and yet im a nevermore!), but i did notice that all thre 900-pointers were from Cork!

Woo

900 pointers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

People who got 9 A1s... yes, we all know the maximum applicable points through the Leaving Certificate Examination alone is 600 points but only a true fscking pedant would argue with defining someone who got 9 A1s as a '900 pointer'. Don't be that guy.

As an aside, I'm doing Comp. Sci. in TCD with a comfortable points margin over what was required. I am vaguely happy.

...9 A1's...how utterly pointless

Actually, you can't technically get any more points. You could say 'how pointful!'

Bye, bye self-respect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 T.J.

Your really getting stuck for stuff to post Kevin aren't you. Is there acutually a 9 subject limit for the leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

You can't technically get any more points than 600. No one has ever gotten more than 9 A1s but there is no subject limit on the Leaving Cert. - and if there is, but there's not, then it's definitely not 9 because I did 10 subjects for my Leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

This year was my nevermore year at CTYI... and I'd already done my Leaving Cert.!! I only turned 17 3 days ago. I got 465 points, so I'll be studying French and German in Trinity this October... :)

And I got an A2 in English. Which was surprising to say the least, considering I wrote my essay on FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 California Girl

I bet that i am going to regret this... but how are Leaving Certs scored? I kinda think i get it... but i'm a little confused :) I guess that's what i get for living in the USA...

You do a certain amount of subjects (over six) and each grade equals a specific number of points. A1 equals 100 points, A2 i think equals 90. Anyway, your six best grades are added you to give you your final points total. The most points you can technically get is 600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 California Girl

Thanks! :)

Ailbhe: laura Hurley as in blonde hyper laura from way back when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Brown hyper laura from 02... She was from Cork, duh, and did Young Scientist, came somewhere in it, if memory serves...

ah i know the one. madness.

• Advertisement

Well she definitely had blonde hair at one point, I don't know what colour it is now though

Advertisement