Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life of Mine's and C4

Options
  • 18-08-2005 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking about this yesterday. How long do mines and C4 last, after you die? I layed down a few mines, and then got killed. 3 lives later, Berns runs over a mine, and it attibutes the kill to me :)

I think in BF42, you could drop more mines(8 rather than 4), but I don't think they lasted very long.

Also, does this happn with C4 as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Is this about the paintball? j/k

C4 doesn't last too long. About the same time it takes to respawn plus a few seconds - enough time to get back and lift your kit to be able to detonate the stuff still there.

Mines last a couple minutes longer.

They're dependant on when your kit disappears, not when you die. So if someone else picks up your kit, they'll stay there till they detonate, or are replaced.

Eg. If you have already dropped 5 items (max) and you get more ammo and drop more (c4 or mines), as you drop each, the first (in order) will disappear.

So what i've found is with people who drop too many mines, and can't get there to lift them (if a flag goes to their side), is to get ammo, and drop 5 random mines in an out of the way place. Then wrench them back up, or just get another ammo supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

*tries to remember*
    Did I punish? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Berns wrote:
    *tries to remember*
    Did I punish? :p

Seeing as it's you then of course you did. :D

Advertisement