Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Just resently started to get back into drawing, I find it helps relax me after a stressfull week :)

I would be greatfull for any pointers and tips

picture.php?albumid=702&pictureid=3516

Sketch of victoria pendleton from the latest FHM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatsham

Hi there.
    If anybody would be interested in having a childs bedroom or indeed anything painted on a large scale please do not hesitate to PM me [SNIP] I am in the Dublin area and given the old financial crisis all prices will be extremely reasonable. Obviously prices will vary depending on the size of the job etc. but the real aim of this is to build a decent portfolio of work, so money will not be a huge issue.
    Here are a few examples of work we have done.
    IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

DSCN2012.jpg

pimpmyshed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

Eva_W wrote: »
    An Ethergaunt, I did for a RPG book - I'm really satisfied with it =)
    150.jpg

Thats a nice drawing.Do you have a Deviant Art account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eva_W

yes, I do, my nick there is boudicca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

Just resently started to get back into drawing, I find it helps relax me after a stressfull week :)

I would be greatfull for any pointers and tips

picture.php?albumid=702&pictureid=3516

Sketch of victoria pendleton from the latest FHM

This sketch is really good. Maybe you should shade it a bit more, though, so the contrast between shades would be more stressed. As for the proportions, they seem nice, but for some obscure reason, her breast seems weird to me. (*cough*I'mnopervertIswear*) I think it should maybe be "falling" more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

this was just a work in progress i later completed as part of my portfolio which got me accepted to college thank god (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 leeolee

Papillon! wrote: »
    this was just a work in progress i later completed as part of my portfolio which got me accepted to college thank god (:

wow! i love this piece:) what paint were you using?:)
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

leeolee wrote: »
    wow! i love this piece:) what paint were you using?:)
    x

aw thanks a million, appreciate that :)
    i was using acrylics as far as i remeber..think daler and rowney is the brand of paints...is that the name ? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 leeolee

nada problem:) id love to see some of your other stuff:)
    im a big acrylics gal too...haha im terrible for using dinner plates as pallettes...constantly gettting into **** for it !:P
    ..ah, c'mon tho..in a fit of sudden inspiration , a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ..;)
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

So this is a sketch that I doodled up today. Have returned to college after taking a year out and am playing with a few concepts at the moment. I know the fortune cookie looks nothing like a fortune cookie but it was really just a quick sketch from my head so that can be fixed. Just wondering what you guys think of the concept. Though any critique about the drawing is fair.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91523&stc=1&d=1253560922

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Milky12

The Concept is good.But the edited one looks funny..Thanks for sharing it.

Regards

Albert

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I really like it.
    Great concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

6a00d414277312685e0123ddb34790860b-pi

6a00d414277312685e0123ddb34796860b-pi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ModFox

This is something I did during a workshop where were had to alter a famous art piece. This is Leonardo di Vinci - zombie style!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af76/Foxkehs/DSC_0002-Copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ModFox wrote: »
    This is something I did during a workshop where were had to alter a famous art piece. This is Leonardo di Vinci - zombie style!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af76/Foxkehs/DSC_0002-Copy.jpg

Very well done - kind of strange but intriguing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ModFox

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Very well done - kind of strange but intriguing!

Thanks! It was a kind of Halloween Themed workshop hense the strangeness! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Danaradams

Drawing of sketches is an good art. You create your emotions, views and different ideas to which you want to express through your art.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

They are excellent, I do a lot of this sort of work myself (when it comes around). I'm a carpenter by trade so don't do it full time, but I would suggest making up fliers, hundreds of them, I'm sure you would be able to do them yourself on a computer, and head to creches, childrens shops, mamas and papas and the likes. Leave a lot of them or stick one up and leave a load of cards with your number or e-mail address. Ensure you include that you will be cheap or can negotiate a good price especially in the current climate as people just can't afford to splash out anymore.

Good Luck and I hope it works out for you. Also try practicing charactures of people, seems to be lots of work in that, as I am constantly being asked if I could do it for someone or other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 reffer101

Danaradams wrote: »
    Drawing of sketches is an good art. You create your emotions, views and different ideas to which you want to express through your art.
    I totally agree with you, it is an art. An art where one can show ones emotions.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Hey everyone

I thought I would throw this fairy concept sculpt I did and get any feedback if any of ye have the time to do so:

Dearg01.jpg

Higher rez versions are here:

http://ealainblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/fear-dearg.html

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Perfect.

What did you model it in?

Perfect.

What did you model it in?

Thanks man! Wouldnt quite say its perfect tho but thanks anyway ;).

Base mesh was made in 3ds max but the real sculpting was done using Zbrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

picture.php?albumid=702&pictureid=4424

forgot to put on his pesky wiskers though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

13859_198080846430_675371430_3669714_3021852_n.jpg

me and my sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colemancol

Hello Spinandscribble.
    It is very nice picture which is look very good and I think also Drawing of sketches is an good art.
    Really, it is very creative art.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

it is a drawing, i just changed the colour digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Hey everyone!

I've been looking through this thread - there are some amazing artists on here! I'm not great myself, used to do a lot of pencil sketches when I was still in school. Recently I've taken up more digital art -particularly portraits of people and Lion King fan art :rolleyes:

Here are some examples:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

1024.jpg

not finished yet but what do ye think....don't be too harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

instead of posting pictures i just made a video of them and uploaded to youtube.

• Advertisement

Great work ZZR1100, some great paintings

Advertisement