Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

your landscape paintings are really good, because they aren't typical landscape paintings. They capture the ambience, the vibes if you want to call it that on particular days through light and shade, which makes them interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Your use of colour is beathtaking ZZR1100, I'm as jealous as can be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

I loik drawing :o
    l_38543f23dcd34887a60fc2229c14fc11.jpg

l_635f4eca131c45e28a765079ec3d8a5b.jpg

l_a61f906143b84f9fbb8633350ec8f69d.jpg

l_f54e1c551fde4725954d2bb572cef0b6.jpg

l_c57c4063986647a1934feb50d018b5e9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Beautiful netanyahu - almost Avatar-like in a way. Beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

aw thanks, i'm totally off the radar with these new releases showever so i've no idea what avatar looks like! :cool: *googggggggle*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Newcomer to this area of boards!

Did art in the capacity of leaving cert education but that's about it! Drawing is where my heart lies but in the future I hope to venture into painting more.

Anyhoo, I usually draw based on my favourite topic (see user name ;) but this was a picture I did of late of David Tennant in the role of Hamlet with poor 'aul Yorick!

Adjusted background on the pc as it was not dark enough for my liking!!

Alas_Poor_Yorick_by_Tardiscailin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gin Promotions

A couple of pieces of my work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippendale

Wow, Netanyahu, you have some real full, fleshy, almost grotesque (not in a bad way, I'm fascinated!) drawings up there, I find myself attracted to the sense of intense growth they broadcast. They speak strongly of Jhonen Vasquez, I don't know it you've heard of him, though looking at that last picture one would think you had! :P

So yeah, cool!

il_fullxfull.112281525.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippendale

G. Promotions, I'm just trying to figure out the textures in your work; have you woven these from fabric, or are they a sculpture?

• Advertisement

Well Chippendale, my work is small sculptures, just started making them before Christmas. I upholstered a chair a while back and got the idea from that. The velvet is handembossed, something I've been doing for 10years or more, the shoes, I make from felt, plaster and acrylic, the shoes seem to always appear in my work and two pairs never the seem. The sculptures have a bed like feel to them, when they're hung they are mini beds suspended in space, and I'm thinking of continuing with this idea, maybe using chairs. The pieces have wadding, fiber inside a frame, from which I stretch all the materials I want to incorporate into the piece, I hope you like the piece, I call it BonBon Shoes On Bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joolika

Hey :)
    I'm also a newcomer!
    Two very different examples of my most recent work

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Just a sketch from the class I was teaching a few days ago :)

pencil_sketch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Nice work Paulie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Started wood turning a few weeks back and am making small lil broaches and things to put on necklaces.

Nothing mind blowing unfortunately. Sorry about poor lighting, they pop a lot more in person and you can see more detail also.

purpleheartebonyolive.jpg

Top left is purple heart
    Middle right is olive wood
    Bottom is ebony.

Will wrote: »
    Started wood turning a few weeks back and am making small lil broaches and things to put on necklaces.

Nothing mind blowing unfortunately. Sorry about poor lighting, they pop a lot more in person and you can see more detail also.

purpleheartebonyolive.jpg

Top left is purple heart
    Middle right is olive wood
    Bottom is ebony.

They look awesome. I'd imagine they are incredible to make, cheers for posting!

It's fun and really enjoy it, few dodgy moments with wood blanks flying off the lathe but invested in a nice hard hat with face guard. Made 1 tear drop ear ring today, couldn't make the second (yet) as the wood split on me and was getting frustrated.

Made these for myself. They go in stretched ear piercings.

28mm double flared olive wood plugs. I'm relatively happy with how they turned out. Their width is fine, however the flares aren't matching, off by 2millimetres which isn't huge but dunno. Love the grain in it, very subtle and the smell of them while turning is also quite nice. Again a p¡ss poor pic >.<

Photo%20416.jpg

You're gonna have to show us a pic of them in place ;) Class work!

I was trying to concave them earlier, hand slipped, skew chisel caught the edge and ruined one. Will just have to make a replacement tomorrow.

Pic maybe, wanna let em dry a bit more before I put it in.

• Advertisement

Made my first bowl today, think it's classed as a bowl, not sure tbh. It's beech. Took me quite a while as I picked a real bad blank, wasn't straight cut and it was exceedingly oval in shape. Took me ages to rough it down and get it right for hollowing out.

Finished with a 250 grit (i think) sandpaper, oiled and then sealed with carnauba wax. It's quite small, about 5" or so, housing a bunch of keys at the moment.

beechbowl.jpeg

17257_504863460013_259200226_143029_3769960_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

1024.jpg

not very original :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

my blog, mostly stuff from college but a few personal projects too, all original.

http://melaniekeane.blogspot.com

Flower.bmp

Did this last weekend. Padauk free form sculpture I suppose. Looks like a monk to me with his robes on.

17257_504865930063_259200226_143101_121081_n.jpg

Looks great Will, thanks for posting - it's great to see! Lovely lines in it, can see where you're coming from with the monk.. the arms under folded under robes.. Great work!

yup :) and gently leaning forward. made a funky eeg cup too out of olive wood but didn't snap a pic before I gave it away. Hope to do some more tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

2E659527BE32419390E0E1C3956A8752.jpg
    B51FBF74CA7C4C20AC2C033C51B85759.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

119820-bigthumbnail.jpg

Walnut bowl

x2_abfe6c.jpeg

x2_abfe52.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

62595D7AA7894C60AD05732EABC0117C-500.jpg