Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sara001

another quickie from myself

woverine_enemy_of_the_state_by_jonnytheorigin-d3aliv9.png

You have such a wonderful art keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sara001

Fuzzy wrote: »
    this is nothing more than a thinly veiled pimping of one of my mspaint threads.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=283830
    that is all.

fuzzy cool thoughts hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

sara001 wrote: »
    You have such a wonderful art keep it up.

Thanks a million, that means a lot

2 more i have recently done

jack_sparrow_by_jonnytheorigin-d3avse7.jpg

and

babydoll_by_jonnytheorigin-d3b8xr0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dee24

another drawing I've done today

• Advertisement

Right this is my last one for a while...have a feeling I am spamming. Have to share this one as it is the first time I have used a tab to colour.

rogue_final_colour_by_jonnytheorigin-d3bac2b.jpglur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Dee24 wrote: »
    Hi all, had a go at a full face today, tried drawing george best, till not quite right but was the best I could do. Would love to hear some feedback?

The size of the facial features in relation to one another is difficult to do freehand unless you put in construction lines and use your eye and your pencil/thumb to measure the distances between features. There should be youtube videos on this or if you're in art your teacher would have shown you. It can be difficult to get into the habit of it but once you have, your drawings will improve drastically. Most people I know don't avail of this straight away in art classes but once they do it and make a much more successful drawing, they're away with it.

Working from photographs/magazines somehow makes it more difficult as well I guess because you're translating 2d to 2d instead of 3d to 2d.

Thanks for the tips spinandscribble. :)

I havent really done any drawing since I was in secondary school, which is about 11 years ago now, so it is definately difficult to get back into it.

Now that you say it, our art teacher used to say to use our pencil to measure distances etc - so i'll have to try and put that into practice next.

I'm currently out of work and I'm hoping to get into doing childrens wall murals to try and earn some money, so am trying to get back into the habit of drawing to improve myself.

I was never any good at doing faces, but hopefully with practice I can get better.

Having looked at some of the stuff on here, it definately feels like my attempts are just childish.... what I wouldnt give to be at the standard some of you are at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

How do you get images to show on the thread without having to click them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

The easiest thing to do is to upload your images to a site like flickr.com and then you link from there. Basically, once they are uploaded, you click the button that looks like a mountain and put the link address in it or put the image link in [img][/img] tags.

• Advertisement

Sorry to be posting so much, but I've just created an account on flickr, so can upload the stuff I've done over the last few days..... Would really love to get some feedback from the pro's on here.

I'm aiming to do one drawing a day, at the moment i'm trying to practice faces etc, and the latest one I've done was the Deer Hunter today - would like to hear your opinions.... Thanks in advance to all!

Day one.... Eric Cantona
    5518348323_50a5a7d7f5_m.jpg

Day two..... George Best - I know this isnt great, but its the first proper attempt at a full face I've done since I did my leaving cert 10 years ago
    5518349147_30b93e79b2_m.jpg

Day three..... Scarface (i've gotten into a real movies posters kick at the moment)
    5518349789_46a505f58e_m.jpg

Day five..... today
    5518350465_d19bab4c17_m.jpg

These were all done with 2b pencil and colour pencils, I used black pastel for the background of the Scarface one.

Thanks Corkgirl!

Don't apologise for uploading Dee, that what this is here for :)

5519908972_18ec4054e6.jpg

5519910908_edbc721d06.jpg

Hi KalEl88 - I think there were some problems above, post up other images in another post perhaps but those two look fantasic, really nice vibrant work. Thanks for sharing!

5519357473_c68c9f220d.jpg

Thanks a lot Cork Girl I appreciate it. I'll just post one every now and then in the future.

KalEl88 wrote: »

Thanks a lot Cork Girl I appreciate it. I'll just post one every now and then in the future.

Post away! It's nice to see the work, inspiring!

One more so!

5519335489_3416606263.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

really nice, love the vibrant colours

Thanks NorthWest! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭tanyabond

My recent ACEO - Jonathan the pig:)
    il_fullxfull.226729254.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

KalEl88 I love your work! Really beautiful!

Thanks MsJenjers! :)

5519348403_f50490db5d.jpg

Posted a new video. Hope ye like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FiorCraft

Some embossed metal work

dream_full_copy.jpg

strength_full_copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

img0629e.jpg

first finished thing i've ever knitted :D very happy with the hat, gonna start on a scarf.

Love the hat, it's really cute! Nice colour too!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

"Arwen"
    Acrylic and Relief Paint on Hessian/Sackcloth.

livq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

first finished thing i've ever knitted :D very happy with the hat, gonna start on a scarf.

Cool Hat. Will you make me one? :)

Wow Strum that's incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cerque

1_2_by_cerque-d3c1vc0.jpg

love_by_cerque-d3brcs5.jpg

Advertisement