Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TYR ->

I really want to do some drawing today but once again drinking copious amounts of gargle looks like it's going to get in the way of that[/quote]

Hey No Way! maybe just sketch out some outlines when your tipsy, you be surprised how your hand can flow so fluidly, almost like its idle! Ive done a couple of freaky cool stuff while i was in that state. but if youve consumed too much forget it, your back to your junior infants type drawings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TYR ->

By the way with the froggy, if you were going for more graphicy personaly I would have put the high lights and contrasts much more bold and exadgerated with less detail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 scumpox

Just two new sketches I've done.horse.jpg

frog.jpg

Love the Frog.......

Can you tell me how to start a new thread? I only know how to reply to other peoples posts. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

scumpox wrote: »
    Love the Frog.......

Can you tell me how to start a new thread? I only know how to reply to other peoples posts. Many thanks

Click on "Arts & Crafts" at the top of the page. At the top and bottom of the list of threads, there's a button marked 'New Thread'. That's the one you need.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I like the dougal drawing nice expression, typical dougal....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Heres another, hot off the pan...

Latest work in progress. I only recently noticed something looking slightly wonky though - the front wing looks higher on the left than the right, above where it says "Shell". Ill have to redo that. Overall though, Im pretty happy so far with it. :)

Im mixing in a little blue with the white and black for the tires. I think it looks better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I have just finsihed a specific range of candles for tantra excercises of which this is the best, its just over a foot tall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

Hi all, I'm new here and feeling the portfolio stress already (I'm going into LC in September) :( Trying to do that godawful-complicated new NCAD portfolio brief thingy!
    This is some of my most recent stuff, please tell me what you think and feel free to be as honest (or harsh :P) as you like :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

heya these are jus some sketches i did for homework and a painting i did in class over the past three years.. i jus picked the ones that photographed the best.. ones a lino print of two swans i did in second year jus said id throw it in there ha.. i'll post a few more as the year goes on as iv the LC this year aaahhh :eek:
    jus want to know what people think of them.. are they up to LC standard?? any suggestions to improve on them welcome be as honest, and brutal, as ye like.. thanks lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

Hi all, I'm new here and feeling the portfolio stress already (I'm going into LC in September) :( Trying to do that godawful-complicated new NCAD portfolio brief thingy!
    This is some of my most recent stuff, please tell me what you think and feel free to be as honest (or harsh :P) as you like :cool:

I think they're brill! Really like the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

heya these are jus some sketches i did for homework and a painting i did in class over the past three years.. i jus picked the ones that photographed the best.. ones a lino print of two swans i did in second year jus said id throw it in there ha.. i'll post a few more as the year goes on as iv the LC this year aaahhh :eek:
    jus want to know what people think of them.. are they up to LC standard?? any suggestions to improve on them welcome be as honest, and brutal, as ye like.. thanks lads!!

It's been over 8 years for me but from what I remember you're at, and probably above, leaving cert standard no problem. I particularly like the still life.

I love your colours and I particularly like the drawing from the second page. My only critique would be that the drawings aren't done from life. I know portfolio requirements are different now but I think they still like in depth studies of things, and if it's something that you can sit in front of you on the desk even better.

You could always get something from the butcher if you want to draw ribs and the inside of bodies. I know someone who did that and painted the carcus as it rotted over months for her final project in NCAD (about 15 years ago so the tutors aren't likely to accuse you of copying. She did well I think. (I lived with a succession of dead trout for 6 months in LCAD- very smelly, and I'm vegetarian)

Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

DesignLady wrote: »
    I love your colours and I particularly like the drawing from the second page. My only critique would be that the drawings aren't done from life. I know portfolio requirements are different now but I think they still like in depth studies of things, and if it's something that you can sit in front of you on the desk even better.

You could always get something from the butcher if you want to draw ribs and the inside of bodies. I know someone who did that and painted the carcus as it rotted over months for her final project in NCAD (about 15 years ago so the tutors aren't likely to accuse you of copying. She did well I think. (I lived with a succession of dead trout for 6 months in LCAD- very smelly, and I'm vegetarian)

Best of Luck

Thanks for your advice :) It's funny that you would mention the fish because that's what I've been drawing this week. Here is some more recent stuff...sorry for the bad quality, they are from my phone :o

Thanks for your advice :) It's funny that you would mention the fish because that's what I've been drawing this week. Here is some more recent stuff...sorry for the bad quality, they are from my phone :o

The fish is great and I really love your use of colour on the page. The colleges will love the collage stuff, use of different materials is always a bonus and the second hand is nice but the drawing is let down a bit by the contrast of the hand which is excellent and the remainder which is a lot more sketchy. On the other hand if this is a study or sketchbook idea rather than a finished piece, it's excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Hi All,

Would love some feedback on my latest piece.I have been working on it for about 3 weeks.If anybody has any comments or questions please let me know.
    Hope you like it!
    Thanks Boris

th_77024_bgart_122_385lo.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I have to agree, your use of colour is great and it's good you're writing little details on each piece. This is good for your portfolio.

Just going to pop this in the work in progress thread as it's better suited here. Keep 'em all together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Banana_montana

These are great, you are super talented!
    Im also doing that evil brief!
    At first I was excited... then when i started all enthusiasm went out the window!

Ive been working on a stag's head for the past week... and 70s looking freak women.
    It's all very bland haha!

These are great, you are super talented!
    Im also doing that evil brief!
    At first I was excited... then when i started all enthusiasm went out the window!

Ive been working on a stag's head for the past week... and 70s looking freak women.
    It's all very bland haha!

Maybe give us a look at some of the stuff you're doing. I wanna see the 70's looking freak women!! (Only if you want to now...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Banana_montana

I'll post some up this week so.
    Just woking on a collage... I think haha! Its one of those days!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

check out my celeb drawings at this link: celeb cartoons

hope you like 'em :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

:eek: Love em all!

What a talented bunch!:D

Below is my humble contribution:

Will add more later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I want to do art after school, i don't think i'm good enough but there's nothing else that i want to do

some stuff i did last year
    ART006.jpg
    ART001.jpg
    some_model_by_oSineado.jpg

xOxSineadxOx,

Keep practising your drawing skills. You need to add more depth to your drawings using light and shade. Ask your teacher for help.

Maybe try doing a night course in art. It's all about the practice and drawing what you see, not what you think you see... ( I learnt all about this when I did a portfolio course.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 werewolfsalami

Weidii wrote: »
    Some stuff from back in secondary school

1444179537a1445637653b380784580l.jpg

Don't have pictures/scans of anything more recent!

i drew something very similar to that,
    just looked at it last night when i was going through my folders of drawings last night in fact...

Heres some more finished recently.

The lettering in the backround of the last pic needs a bit of work, but I honestly cant drag myself back to fine tune it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just thought I would start a thread f or people to post up their drawings and sketches. Anything from a quick doodle on a napkin to a the results of weeks of painstaking precision :D

Basically I want to get back into scribling and this might help me and others with a bit of inspiation.

I'll do first with an old unfinished sketch:

masseys.jpg

Btw, sorry if there is a thread like this already - I couldnt find one.

Advertisement