Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAZY eircom research?

Options
  • 18-08-2005 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

eircom just published details about who talks to who and for how long....

"Dubliners spend more time talking on the phone than any other county in Ireland with the average Dubliner spending six hours and eight minutes monthly using their landline phone to make local, national, international and mobile calls. "

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single5243

Given that 1) many of these minutes will be to mobiles and 2) many will be international why would the vast majority of people ever buy "eircom Talktime" which only covers local and national calls?

If ones takes the average price of a local/national call at say 2.5cpm this gives over 10 hours of time @ €15 (approx the price for the add on) but most people are in fact using FAR less than this.

I am all for market research, but market research to prove your products are badly priced?? Maybe I missed something?

Edit :- mods feel free to move, not sure where this lives best? (RipoffIreland?!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

2 points
    ther will be people who would save money by using talktime.
    ther are a lot of people who rarely use their landline and many more who use more than the average. and ther will be a mumber of people who make much more natiional than local calls.

With talk time you don't have to worry about the cost of calling people.
    Especially non local calls. and can stay on for as long as you like to aunty Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Eircom marketing director Michael Kennedy commented: “This study revealed some very interesting insights into the calling habits and changing lifestyles of the nation. Of course, it would be great to discover what the nation is talking about and find out why these regional variations exist.

Dubliner 1: Hello, is this eircom broadband, can I get broadband?
    Biddy1: Computer says no.

Dubliner 1: Hello, ComReg, why can't I get broadband?
    ComReg: Eh, you need to talk to eircom, we don't handle complaints unless you go on a Lord of the Rings style epic journey.

Dubliner1: Hello, Noel Dempsey? Why can't I get broadband and why won't ComReg help me?
    Noel D: Ah sure, everyone can get broadband, if not by phoneline then by fibre or using a fibreless connection, or using wireless satellite fibre. The MANs are great aren't they? We spent 70Million on them. They're doing wonders. Oh, don't forget that we spent lots on the GBS too. Fibreless Wireless Satless Useless.

Corkonian 1: Hello eircom? Can I get broadband?
    Biddy 2: Computer says no.
    Corkonian 1: Langer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

In the wesht we like listening to static , its very soothing.

Does anyone agree with this sponge when he notes that Eircom has recently acquired an interest in ARPU and that the lowest ARPU is where Meteors network is evidently at its weakest (according to that table) .

The reason Monaghan is up there (in terms of number of calls) is because of all the call drops to mobiles when you dip in between the drumlins . It is hideous wireless terrrain .

Nobody checked the figures either , Eircom said they DID A SURVEY when they could have fired an SQL statement at their billing system late one night ....or so one would have thought .....and come up with hard figures that way.

Advertisement