Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics

Options
  • 18-08-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Repeat LC.

I`m considering dropping English (passed it,so no need for any requirements) and replacing it with home economics.

I`ve heard that this subject over laps a lot with biology and chemistry, is this true?. How did peeps find this subject, I`m not familiar with the course. Isn`t there a journal which has to be filled in and given up before the exam?.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I did HE for the lc in 99 but did not do it in school,I bought arevision book but didn't really look at it and had planned to write up the cooknig assesments from someone elses if it was called for.
    I gotta B1 in honours in it but people who were alot more inteligent then me didn't get as high as me.
    if you are good at social sciences and dealigh with that sort of thing logically it is easy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

the journal is from cooking tasks done throughout 5th and 6th year and is worth 20%! the home ec course has changed alot since 99!! and the new course is very long!! i found it quite difficult and would find it impossible to even get a pass in it after only a year!!!
    the only parts that are really like biology is microbiology and some of the nutrients but u will get confused between exactly what u need to know for each!!
    so my advice would be to not do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

*BumpittyBump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

yeah the course has changed a lot from 99! personally i find homec really easy...i started it in january of 5th year (changing from geog) and i know way more than people in my class who hve been doing it since sept...but mayb thats just me! lol!

it does lap over with biology and a bit of chemistry but also with business aswell (consumer studies)

The journal is worth 20% and has to be in by i think november or sumthing of 6th year...but i'm not too sure when! I hvent much of mine filled out so i hve to work on that starting in sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

To what extent does it over lap with biology/chemistry?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I did it. I dont really see how it overlaps with biology and chemistry though. Except little bits to do with digestion. It overlaps more with sociology and business. Although it doesnt seem it at the start it really is an easy subject.

Advertisement