Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very slow internet with browser

Options
  • 18-08-2005 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Lately I've been using my eircom BB connection with my laptop. It's incredibly slow at loading webpages (both sending and receiving info) although now and again there's the odd quick spurt for a while. It's infuriating. It's grand for downloads. (above 100k most of the time) I've used Explorer and Firefox. Same problem. The connection works fine on the desktop. Would anyone know anything about this? Are there port/browser setttings i can change that are different from the usual ones I'd know about. I've updated the network card driver etc, scanned the disk. Can't understand the problem at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

is it every site? try clearing cookie/history etc......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

every site. It's not something very basic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

Are you using a bit torrent client on your laptop and is it using a wireless connection?

Advertisement