Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New case just arrived

Options
  • 18-08-2005 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Dad just delivered my super lanboy. I will be spending the next few hours setting her up :D, will post some pics a little later.

I just have a question about my water cooling. ONly had this basic setup for a few weeks now and its been working well. I obvioulsy have to dismantel it all now. How should i go about this?? Because some of the tubing is routed through the case im going to have to pull it all out, therefore the water has to come out. Anybody no how i should do this ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Basically Enduroman, You have to assess your system and decide logically which point is the easiest to undo to drain it, then kink that bit of tube, put it into a container and let the fluid drain out. I would then turn the PC on for a short time to get the pump going and drain more, and keep repeating til the system is as empty as you can get it.

NB: Obviously when drained, you won't be cooling the CPU so only turn it on for <10 secs at a go.

Others may have other ideas, but this works best for me.

Inqui

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The case is nice and light weight perfect for a wimp like myself that does alot of lanning and I personally believe its one of the nice looking cases on the market. I like antecs cases in general. I don't bother with the cary strap though. Takes too much time to put on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

She's finished :D. Took a few hours but the transplant is complete, unfortunately it was not without complications :o .

I sat thinking for ages for a place to put the radiator, and i thought i had found a half decent place. Now this case is a lot smaller than most inside so this is basically one of the only places :confused: . I lay it flat in 1 of the cd rom bays. I have a 120mm with shroud blowing onto it, but results are not good :( . Im now idling around the 50C mark which is crap, i was around 40C before.

I am going to have to thunk up a new plan but for now it will do, i just like looking at it :D. Think i did one of my best wiring jobs so its fairly clean inside. My dad also brought me a new dvd writer with a silver cover so it matches 100% :) .

Now the charger for my good camera has vanished off the face of the earth so i had to use this POS :rolleyes: . Doesnt look to bad, check them out :

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/Inside.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/DSCI0008.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/DSCI0006.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/DSCI0005.jpg

Also does any1 find that the 2 120mm fans that come with the case spin very slowly ?? Is there any way i can make these spin a little faster ? Well for now its near silent :)

Yes those 120mm fans do spin slow. Think simply due to there size. They provide good cooling all the same.

You mightbe getting added heat on your radiator from your optical drives.

Whats the spec of your machine?

Looking at it the only other place I can see for the rad is where the HD's are. You could try positioning the drives up to the highest 2 slots and putting the rad below them.

• Advertisement

Its a P4 3.0ghz (soon i will overclock once i have the cooling 100% :D)
    1ghz Dual Channel Ram
    Gigabyte Mobo (cant think of the model no)
    80 Gb Hdd Ide
    200 Gb Sata (Will have a second 200gb this weekend)
    Wireless card for me internet :)
    Oh and a Geforce 5700 Ultra 256mb (soon to be 6600 GT)
    And all the other bits and bobs that make it all work :) .

Update, i realised that my house was feeling very warm this evening. I just discovered that my mad in the head mother felt she would turn the heaters on :eek: . So iv turned those off and whipped open the door so should start cooling down in here.
    I also just flipped the 120mm on the rad around and im seing temps drop now :D, hopefully this will sort it.

Looking at it the only other place I can see for the rad is where the HD's are. You could try positioning the drives up to the highest 2 slots and putting the rad below them.

Yup, i test fitted this but its to small, the rad is very wide and it didnt fit. I will see if flipping this fan is going to change things now, havent tested out the old css yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Can you put the rad on the rear 120mm fan? Or is that too ugly looking?

Can you put the rad on the rear 120mm fan? Or is that too ugly looking?

Well in my old case that is how i had it setup, and i did get better temps, i may have to go back to this method. The problem is i have to mount the rad outside the case, it doesnt fit on the inside, which makes the tubeing VERY long.
    I may have to look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Why doesn't it fit on the inside. From the pics it doesn't look like it would restrict anything (except maybe easy removal of the mobo.. )

<edit>On second thoughts it may restrict access to the CPU/block, esp if used with any kind of a shroud</edit>

• Advertisement

Yup, it doesnt fit on the inside for many reason, the main being that when mounted the top of the rad hits the powersupply, IE: its impossible. Now i have checked and i may be able to just drill some holes a bit lower which would make it fit, i will look into that. :)

Well its now idling at 46C, which is better but i want that lower. I think i will have to try a few different things tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

nice case that there ...but as wiz said i'd get that rad out of the drive bay and onto the back or if your mad eoungh cut a new 120mm blow hole on the top of the case ..but either way it is a sweet set-up you have there nice on the eye very nice..best of luck with

nice case that there ...but as wiz said i'd get that rad out of the drive bay and onto the back or if your mad eoungh cut a new 120mm blow hole on the top of the case ..but either way it is a sweet set-up you have there nice on the eye very nice..best of luck with

Thanks m8, means a lot coming from the boards master :D . That thought ran through my head, to cut a hole in the top, but she is only a few hours old :o , when im used to her ill think about whipping out the dremel. Im now at 45C but
    i think that rad will have to be moved, ill keep u updated. :)

Ok, it took me the day to get the courage to drill me new case but i did it :) . Wasnt really very hard, just 4 small little holes. I now have the rad mounted at the back and temps are down. Im idling at 39-40 but then my ambient is 31 :( . When the cold wind starts kicking in 2nite i will whip open the doors and i no i can get that to 35. I dont think thats to bad for such a simple setup ??

PICS :D
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/New2.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/New.jpg

I got my new powersupply but need to buy some sleeving and then do that all over again :( . Glad i got the cooling sorted though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

nice job endurance man, the ole thermaltake vga cooler looks well in there!!!

nice job endurance man, the ole thermaltake vga cooler looks well in there!!!

Thanks :), ye the cooler is doing a good job. Got the card overclocked and its runs smoothly.

Advertisement