Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5/6 a side leagues

• 18-08-2005 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

does anybody have any information on a 5 or 6 a side league in the dublin area?

i figure its getting to the time where most of these things start and there normally great fun

i remember seeing some ad in one of the tabloids for a league starting in sportsco but havnt been able to find any info on the net

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Go to a 5 a side location, and look at the boards.
    There are countless leagues you can sign up to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

www.astro.ie

v good 6 aside leagues and the summer league is nearly over so they will be starting a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Did anyone here ever think about starting a boards.ie team?
    I'm sure they'd be a lot up for it... perhaps we could even split it up depending where the members were from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

yeah i'd definitely be up for organising something. would be a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, id be interested.

I saw an advert in the Herald for a 1-day, 7-a-side (i think) astroturf tournament in the Dublin area. Prize money was something like €500+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Originally posted by Take It
    v good 6 aside leagues and the summer league is nearly over so they will be starting a new one
    Thank god it's nearly over, it's SO dragging on at this stage...mainly because my team has fallen apart at the seams! Most of our games are played out in the YMCA pitches in Sandymount (well one pitch split into 3) but it's an excellent surface. Winter league should be starting in a couple of months I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Take it wrote:

Did anyone here ever think about starting a boards.ie team?

I be up for a team in their 11 a side leagues, good standard of football in that.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SofaKing wrote:
    Yeah, id be interested.

I saw an advert in the Herald for a 1-day, 7-a-side (i think) astroturf tournament in the Dublin area. Prize money was something like €500+.

Everyone on the team for those has to be very fit and good. Its very hard playing 4 or 5 or more games in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaC wrote:
    I be up for a team in their 11 a side leagues, good standard of football in that.

kdjac

I reckon that'd be a better idea if we had a good squad of 15 or so, I'm well up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

That sounds cool, i'd be well up for it too...Love playing football!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement