Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weird fileshare issue

• 18-08-2005 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Can anybody suggest why I can't access fileshares over a wireless connection?

I have a linksys WRT54G with 4 machines - 2 connected via ethernet and two wirelessly using WEP encryption. Pings, internet access, etc. works fine on all machines. The ethernet machine can access the share on the other ethernet machine, but the wireless machines can't - or rather, I can map the share, view it's content, but cant copy files from it. It farts about a bit and hangs and says "Cannot copy <xxxx>: The specified network name is no longer available". I had to manually set max mtu on the router and all adapters as it was timing out accessing certain websites, but that's about the only non-standard item in the config.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated as Linksys don't want to know and I can't find anything relevant in their knowledgebase.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Any ideas at all folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

ummmm, how are you mapping the drive? Are you using a UNC path? Do you use the Nbios name or the IP address of the machine when connecting? What OS are the machines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

.... bridge ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Karoma wrote:
    .... bridge ....

bridge what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

AZZERTI - I'm using a UNC path [url="file://\\servername\sharename"]\\servername\sharename[/url], and not using ip as I have dchp configured. The funny thing is it transfers some data and then stops, yet everything else pings, internet, etc. works fine. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Karoma - don't understand the bridge reference...

• Advertisement
Advertisement