Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how fake is wrestling?

• 18-08-2005 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

well??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Extreamly...........Dont know how anyone watches it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i watch it for the great story lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

tuxy wrote:
    i watch it for the great story lines

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's just great entertainment, nothing more true could be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

That question very much depends on what you mean by fake. Its like this:

1. As everybody knows the match results are pre-determined. No one will dispute that.

2. The moves that they do out there are desinged to look good, not to hurt explicitly. However, a lot of the moves really do hurt. A powerbomb (http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves/lastridemagma.WMV), for instance, cannot be faked. The only way to make it look like you are doing this is to actually do it. The impact cannot really be reduced. The only thing that can be done is to drop the opponent so that the force of the blow gets distributed to a large area. In other cases, the moves that they are doing can be extremely dangerous if done incorrectly, but relatively harmless if delivered and taken the right way.

http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves/piledrivertop.wmv

If that move is done badly, the opponent comes down on his head, and could get a broken neck. Its happened before.

3. Despite what you may have heard, the guys really are hitting each other. Just not very hard! Some punch harder than others; Mick Foely said tat Bob Holly throws harder punches in a wrestling match than most throw in real fights.

4. The ring is not in any way like a trampoline. Those things are stiff and rather rigid, because a bouncy ring looks bad on TV. http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves2/powerbombcement.wmv

Mick Foley says that he takes a lot of moves on concrete because it isn't much worse than he rings, and no one can argue that it is soft.

5. The matches are not planned out in exhaustive detail. At least, most aren't; some do more planning than others. Macho Man Randy Savage was notorious for this, while Ric Flair mostly calls his matches in the ring. The wrestlers each have a certain few moves and move combinations that they like to do in their matches, and they will trade who takes the lead according to the ideas that they'll have for the match, but it isn't all scripted by any means. Its like dancing; one guy leads and the other follows, and then they trade, etc.

6. They do not use fake blood. When they need to bleed, they blade. They will have blades concealed in their outfits or in the corners, or the ref will pass them one, and while the camra is looking the other way, they slice their foreheads. Grizzly, isn't it?

Thats all for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Faker then your mothers tits

It maybe fake, but who cares, its good stuff.

beller b wrote:
    Extreamly...........Dont know how anyone watches it..

You know what else is fake? Coronation street, and most other tv shows.

FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

Everything about wrestling IS fake, and I wouldn't have it any other way. You can watch a boxing match and it be over in the first few rounds, watch a wrestling PPV and you get 3 hours (4 if u watching mania) of non stop action.

These guys take great risks, putting their bodys on the line, look at droze, Steve Austin, Angle, Benoit, Sabu, Mick Foley, plus many many more other wrestlers, who have put their bodys on the line for us the Fan.

Tell those guys it's fake, (rather you then me)

Dead on Corpus, if your watch boxing you see 'em bloking and missing half the time.
    If you watch ECW One Night Stand you see them ripping your foreheads with cheese graders and powerbombs trough tables on fire.
    I know its fake, but like Corpus said,"I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oh no, wrestling is a load of fake bull****. coronation street, eastenders and every movie ever made are real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

as someone above said its impossible to "fake" some wrestling moves. ask chris benoit or sabu how fake their broken necks were. or ask mick foley how many stiches hes had in his career. the results and storylines are predetermined or fake. but these guys are athletes who risk their lives every week to put on cracking entertainment. anyone who thinks its fake go build a hell in a cell in your back yard and get one of your friends to throw you off the top through a table, when you get out of hospital in about a years time come back on here and tell the rest how fake it really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Wrestling is the biggest pile of poo. I wish it was extinct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why come to the Wrestling board then djmarkus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

djmarkus wrote:

:D Gotta love this guy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

If you dont like it then stay out of the forums, there are people here (including myself) who thoughly enjoy watching it and have for donkeys years, This arguement has gone on so many times before. Be fair fellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

djmarkus wrote:

your a muppet and i wish you were extinct, you fat ugly little turd

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That's what makes Sumo so great, no one knows the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

Ask Darren Drozdov how fake wrestling is.

Ask Tommy Dreamer how fake it is.
    The outcome.......... A BROKEN NOSE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement