Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-Directory and UTV - Check your online accounts

Options
  • 18-08-2005 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Dunno if this has been highlighted already but I just logged onto my online UTV statement (cause I got an email this morning notifying me that they're charging me for going marginally over my broadband cap :() and I've noticed a new menu:

"UTV Privacy"

Seems that by default UTV WILL list your ex-directory number in the "National Directory Database", thus exposing you to direct marketing calls (which explains the one I got 2 weeks ago for the first time in 2 years - or ever if you count when I lived at home).

You need to manually go in and select that you don't want this to happen. Apparently it may take up to 10 days though for it to take effect....

Any point in ringing them to complain? I assumed that if I was Ex-Directory with eircom, this would carry over - especially as I've had the service for 18 months now and they're only listing this option now??? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

UTV privacy option was always there but i didn't ever click into it. Didn't know they were doing this.

Advertisement