Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best ever cheap championship manager/fm player throughout the years

• 18-08-2005 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

mine would be cherno samba from milwall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mark Kerr - Dundee Utd in CM4. Still alright in FM05 but brilliant in CM4. Bought him for 500k or something, worth 25M with Celtic after 3 seasons. Robinho's value would even go past that mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

luke more cm4 the boy became a god 60 goals a seasion was not uncommon not sure how much he was worth as i never thought of selling him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

To Madiera
    Maxim Tsigalko
    Hugo Pinheiro
    Mark Kerr
    Mike Duff
    Tonton Zola Moukoko (All CM 01/02)

Ralph Brand CM 95/96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

consistently, i would have to say john welsh

in any version of the game since 00/01 he always turns out to be class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A generated player called Liam Keogh for Shelbourne. He came into my youth setup one year and was so good I stuck him straight in, age 16, to a Shels-Bohs derby. Scored a hat-trick in that and many other derbies through out the season before breaking his leg. Can't remember what happened after that...

The youth team legends are always the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Freddy adu in fm 2005 had him in my chelsea team and he was worth 27 million after only 3 years.. best young/cheapest player in the game for around 375 thousand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Antonis Skalidis, on one of the updates for CM 01/02 he was even better than To Madeira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Dale Watkins in one of the old CM games. He played with some Conference team and he would always do class with you no matter what league you were in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Martrin Palermo Cost somewhere towards 10 million But the best striker in that game (00-01 I Think) Most consistant strike rate 69 Goals in a season was the best I think but 50-60 was normal

Or...

A Swedish player called Doug Thach in 01-02 I think Bought for 16k or somewhere about that. 50 goals a season, season after season

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Ibrahim Bakayoko
    Forget what version of the game he was from (maybe 00/01) but he was absolutely legend at the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Freddy Grisales
    Freddy Adu
    Freddy Guarin

All unbelievable players after two years or so of being in your side with decent coaching. Yes, it's quite amazing how they're all called Freddy too!. In the old Championship Manager games (98-99), Gavin Holligan turned into an animal after a season.

Ah yes, I forgot about these guys in FM2005, with a well tuned training regime, they all become £30 million + players.

Lebohang Mokoena
    Benedict Vilakazi
    Miroslav Matusovic
    Vanden Borre
    Vincent Kompany

Two class goalkeepers are (their value never exceeds £5 million, but that doesn't matter as you won't consider selling them once they establish themselves in your team)

Jan Lastuvka
    Libis Andres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

mine would be cherno samba from milwall

would have to agree. 00/01 and 01/02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

kencleary wrote:
    Ibrahim Bakayoko
    Forget what version of the game he was from (maybe 00/01) but he was absolutely legend at the time

seconded. bakayoko was a class act

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Best player I've ever come across was a generated german sweeper in CM2 95/96 called Steffen Franck. He was ridiculously good, averaged between 9.3 to 9.7 a season... one man team.

Recently (CM0304 I *think*), a generated (also german) striker called Chi Yuk Schulz. I got him at 16 for £650k, I noticed his talent when he scored 5 goals in a reserve game :) He won the european player of the year award before his 18th birthday and averaged around a goal a game iirc. Michael Owen style international impact, he had about 25 international goals by 22/23. Average ratings were a bit below the 8 mark, but he was the most clinical finisher i've seen, any half chance was a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Peter Prosper, but I think this is going back to 00/01. Think he used to play for a Swiss club and they messed up his stats in the game which was subsequently fixed with a patch.

Gave up on the series a long time ago. The way it used to keep track of how long you played made used to get to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Alexander Farnerud. I have been using him in every management game i have and he is class, from champo 00/01 to champo 4, uiltimate soccer manager and all.

Unforuntatly i cant find him in FM2005, i thinkh is name changed to pontus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Oh yeah! I remember that Farnerud guy!, he played in some of my sides excellently, some of my sides abominably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Man, I remember this guy i got from Por in Finland.. absolute legend in the lower leagues, didnt play long enough to see the Premiership..

Orri Freyr Oskarrson or something. L E G E N D in fm05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Alexander Farnerud. I have been using him in every management game i have and he is class, from champo 00/01 to champo 4, uiltimate soccer manager and all.

Unforuntatly i cant find him in FM2005, i thinkh is name changed to pontus.
    Alexander Farnerud is still in FM2005, he's playing for Rennes in France alongside Kim Kallstrom.
    Kallstrom is still very good, I think Farnerud has been downgraded a bit. Pontus is his brother or cousin or something I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

DRakE wrote:
    Man, I remember this guy i got from Por in Finland.. absolute legend in the lower leagues, didnt play long enough to see the Premiership..

Orri Freyr Oskarrson or something. L E G E N D in fm05

I remember that guy!!

The name is right but the team is in Iceland afaik. Is he still good in FM05? He was a legend in CM03/04.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cant find Farnerud, only Pontus, and looking in Rennes nothing seems remotly like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Alexander Farnerud plays for Strasbourg and is a good player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Charley Hearn does the biz in FM05. Made the CL Dream Team for me with Shels in 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

<quote> I remember that guy!!

The name is right but the team is in Iceland afaik. Is he still good in FM05? He was a legend in CM03/04. </quote>

Andrei SigPorrson?

Onesimo and Florin Batrinu were the two out of contract players that I bought for whatever club I started with in 01/02. Free at the start. Always did the job. Paul Dillon - rotherham - retired since - was another player I always went for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

No. The player myself and DRakE are refering to is, as DRakE said, Orri Freyr Oskarsson. He can be bought for up to 22k.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hah, found two screenies of my old striker, Chi Yuk Schulz.

schulz.jpg
    schulz2.jpg

How about the following for a surprising "Worst Player Ever" nomination? (And it wasn't because the team was doing crap, they were title challengers)

torres.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bowser

Does anybody remember Tommy Svindal Larrsen (I think that's how its spelled) from championship manager 2 97/98? He cost 250k, was norwegian and was only available the first week of the game. After that he was always unavailable! He was so consistant and played midfielda and left wing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

brought this 17 yr old from Derby country in 2012 for 5 million..absolutely fantastic winger...consistently 9/10's every game..at 22 years of age I sold him to Inter Milan for the maximum 120 million pounds..also I bought two other defenders around the same time and sold them on a couple of years later for 60 millions apiece..god i loved CM01/02...still is the best out of all the championship managers..

Advertisement