Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Car Buy advise?

Options
  • 18-08-2005 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right i want to buy my own car. Been driving the Parents for the past 3 Years First Car was a 520i, Then Fiesta. Now Yaris. I want to buy my own and my two choices are a E36 316 Around 1994 Or a Honda Integra Non Vtec 1994 1.6. I'm 20 my insurance is the same on both car. 1400 Under my own 3 Years Full Lisence and 2 Year No Claims under my own and 1 year under someone. I always have a Thing about the e36. In People views which is the better car for money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I think I'd go for the Integra, even though an BMW is a very tempting car. The Integra is just sexy though, and because it's a Jap car, you can be sure an older model with a big mileage will still have top class reliability - the same can not be said of a BMW that is over 10 years old. In general I'd steer clear of European cars that are more than five years old, they just don't hold up as well as the Japs.

If I was on your budget I would also consider a VTI Civic in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya i was talkin to my Mech he said try to stay away from Bmw's with over 100k Cause the Head Gaset tend to go. He said that he would go for the Integra because the reliablity of it. But it would depend on the Car, Condition etc. I Hate Civics with Passion just dont like them. I say i will have to go up the country to buy a integra Cork people tend to ask 5k for a 94 Integra Dual Carb and needs a new Clutch.

Advertisement