Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of moving to Clonee/Clonsilla, Dublin 15

• 18-08-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everybody!

I am thinking to move to Clonee/Consilla in Dublin 15. The areas I am looking at are Ongar, Manorfields and Stonebridges, etc... The neighbourhood looks grand but I am worried about the schools nearby (I have two kids, 7 and 10).

Does anyone have ideas about the primary and secondary schools in this area? What are they? Where are they? Are the nice? Safe? Is that Hartstown Community School a nice school?

Any comment will be welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Clonee is in Meath. :D

I get the impression most services are quite stretched. You will get a mix between good and bad estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

there are 2 schools in Dunboyne.
    National School and a Secondary School.. i don't know where other ones may be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manhog

Hi everybody!

I am thinking to move to Clonee/Consilla in Dublin 15. The areas I am looking at are Ongar, Manorfields and Stonebridges, etc... The neighbourhood looks grand but I am worried about the schools nearby (I have two kids, 7 and 10).

Does anyone have ideas about the primary and secondary schools in this area? What are they? Where are they? Are the nice? Safe? Is that Hartstown Community School a nice school?

Any comment will be welcome!

As far as I know there are a good number of schools in the area, but you'd be better off having a look at them yourself if you have time. I only have a vague knowledge of the schools there, especially primary schools, so you should confirm this with somebody locally.

Primary Schools:
    Scoil Nais Muire Blakestown - might be closest to you, I don't know anything about it though.
    St. Ciaran's Hartstown - Know nothing about it either
    St. Mochtas - in Clonsilla village has a good reputation and the infrastructure in the area is improving, so should be more accessible than it is now (it's on the busy Clonsilla main road)
    Scoil Oilibheir - an Irish language school near Coolmine, perhaps not suitable as your children might feel behind in Irish

Secondary Schools:
    Blakestown Community School - A very good school which might be closest to Ongar and may suit you best. http://ireland.iol.ie/~blakes/
    Hartstown Community School - To be honest I don't know much about Hartstown Community School. Some areas of Hartstown wouldn't be considered very safe so I would research this school thoroughly if you are considering it.
    Coolmine Community School - Has been in the area for a long time and has produced very good Leaving Cert results in the past. Right beside Coolmine Leisure centre so it has good facilities (including a swimming pool) and is well serviced by local transport.
    Castleknock Community School - This is a bus ride away and might be a stretch for your kids but it's a new, good school with good facilities based in Carpenterstown.

There are some general contact details here for each of the schools in the area: http://www.educationireland.ie/htm/education/secondary_education/dublin_fingal_secondary.htm

As another poster said there are some lovely areas in Dublin 15 and others which are not so good. Best of luck with your move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭davkav

I used to live in Hartstown with the parents, we moved up to clonee (hunters run) to get away from the trouble that was going on. Most of my friends still live there and im always up there passing through doesnt seem to be any problems these days, as for the schools Hartstown school and huntstown school are both within walking distance of the clonee area, it may seem further if you wanted to drive form clonee to hartstown as you would have to travel back down the dual carriage way but walking to and from would only take 10mins each way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

there was though some problem in d15 about lack of places for children in schools, there has been alot of development over the last few years as you know but very few school places, i would contact the schools first or as soon as possible to see if there is spaces or a waiting list.

i have no kids yet but planning too and it is one thing that we are worried about in the area

• Advertisement
Advertisement