Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date for college start

Options
  • 18-08-2005 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

when do mmost of the courses begin for 1st yr.
    is it mid september

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It'll be early september. By the looks of things, if the college at large starts back on the 12th, you'll be starting around the 6th or 7th, for fresher orientation. Unless the 12th is the beginning of orientation and we don't start until wednesday the 14th - which would work for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jeez, that's very early! :eek:

I'm all nervous now! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Fresher registration starts on the 6th for some arts students and continues on the 7th, 8th and 9th. You'll be sent information by the college about which days you need to come in on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How long does it usually take them to post out information, after we accept our offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

I remember I got my 'pack' with handbook etc after the registration day, which wasn't good considering everyone else had theirs at that stage. Probably best to check their site, they used to have induction files (in MS word) with all the info.

Date for first years
    http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/dates.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I got mine pretty soon after I accepted my offer. Can't remember when though. Anyway, offers are coming out earlier this year too, so you should definitely get your pack before you start. But yeah, it's an early start this year.

Advertisement