Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help !!

• 18-08-2005 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

hi all

im looking to open ports on my broadband to enable faster downloading via torrents etc

the problem is when i go to 192.168.1.1 it asks me for my user name etc and password which i dont have , and i dont know how to get

can some one please help me

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When posting a query like this it always helps to give full details of the equipment involved.

The default is usually 'admin' for both or sometimes 'admin' and 'password'. Have you looked at the manual (sometimes on the accompanying cd) or you may be able to go to theh manufacturer's website and download the manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

what make is your router? on my SMC it's "smcadmin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

sorry for lack of information im really bad when it comes to this sort of thing

my router is prestige 623r -t1

and im using esat / bt broadband

i tried admin admin and it doesnt work :(

great i got in and its working now but hell to open them ports :( how to do it i have no idea

quick solution rung my isp customer care and they talked me through the whole thing problem sorted :) admins can bin this thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement