Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Clean And Tidy" PC award!

Options
  • 19-08-2005 12:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I like to hear views and possible pics of the inside of people's rigs, such as do you cable sleeve?, do you have some wire management system going on?, how often do you clean your case and fans/components?, and most importantly...will you win the award for the most pretty PC?

The judges are waiting and prizes will be announced shorty. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Well here is my newly renovated pc. I will update the pics this weekend as im adding sum things, and taking away. My psu is sleeved, but sadly i will be getting a new 1 soon so have to go through that bloody mission again :(. Everything is else is tucked away sumwhere in there.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/Inside.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/DSCI0006.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Have modular connections on my PSU and there a b!tch to move they are so rigid.They kinda stick out so not the tidiest. Will post some pics later.

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Waiting to get some cash together to sleeve the psu properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

SyxPak,

What the feck are the Knights of Comeonbanus? I keep seeing them in peoples signatures, then I am driving home listening to Newstalk and George Hook is reading out texts from the Knights of fecking Comeonbanus? What's the fecking story?

Tnx a mil,

Inqui

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

There is no such thing as the knight of comeonbanus,
    Your being silly, you have brainworms.
    Your mistaking them for the freemasons

*Wavey Hand gestures*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sounds like a cross between the Free Masons, The Mansons and the Third Reich :O)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

I believe this may shed some light on this silliness Inquitus

http://www.boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Secret_societies

Its all a conspiracy to get me. I KNOW. ;)

Oh yeah And why is there a bit of cardboard wrapped around your graphics card Endurance man?

Inquitus wrote:
    Sounds like a cross between the Free Masons, The Mansons and the Third Reich :O)
    I've always [not] thought of this [non-existant] society as an amalgamation of the works of great people like Scooby Doo, Harrison Ford and Cornelius Crow.

As for texts and that silky disarming voice that is Hookey (say it in a Charlie Haughey voice - it sounds sinister) - I can only assume that you were being affected by moonbeams and gumdrops bouncing off Venus De Milo.

Or that jackeen tosser McDermot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

WHAT ARE YEZ TALKING ABOUT?? I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO EVEN TRANSLATE THAT GARBLE! As for endurance man etc, i wouldnt have a hope of competing, my PSU has more cables than the whole inside of your case :) i have to shove it into the spare drive bays.

• Advertisement

CS is for pussies.

what's that thing wrapped around the gfx card?

Its a big ass thermaltake heatpipe :).
    CS is for pussies.

I disagree :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

oh no. CS flamewarz comes to the quiet town of tweaking/moddingsville.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The inside of my case is a mess (dust free though, cos its only new) due to a number of factors:
    1. My continued use of PATA hard disks... 3 of them plus a DVD burner makes for fat arse IDE cables clogging the place up. I have 4 SATA ports on my motherboard but I refuse to buy a new hard disk until one of the old ones dies :) (2 of them are under a year old...)
    2. My case has one of those fancy temperature monitor screen things built into the front of it. Its need for power supply and the temperature probes coming out of it make a nice big mess of cables. It also has 2 molex connectors for powering and monitoring fans but i have those disabled and cabletied away.
    normal_DSC01917.JPG

The case was cheap but poorly designed - no way to easily mount a fan on the front of it, and even if you get one mounted, it will get bugger all airflow because of the aforementioned screen thingy. It looks decent enough though :)
    Feck it anyway, my A64 runs nice and cool, no need (yet) for an intake fan on the front.

Haven't got a picture of the internal mess handy.

Stephen - your disks man....they would be far more comfortable with a bit of a fresh breeze blowing up their skirts...even a squirt of fannyfresh would do wonders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What case do you have Stephen?...that color LCD looks real fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Well i wont be winning any fooking awards. The PSU cables are as rigid as anything and i need to get a round floppy too *tut tut* meredface.gif
    Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3

Nukem

Update of me case :), watercooling has been changed around and she is now nice and cool :).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Ateam/Wires.jpg

Richard: My case is a generic black made in china thing from a local pc shop.
    i.e. no make/model known.

Edit: oh, and the network activity indicator on it won't work unless your motherboard happens to have a compatible header for it. And the CD-ROM indicator relies on an optical sensor that you stick to the front of your drive (it has spring loaded drive bay cover thingies).

Stephen, how is your cpu temp 23C :confused: , is that correct ?? U cant be using air cooling if it is ??

• Advertisement

That photo was taken before anything was in the case :)

The probes were just hanging loose, hence all the temps being close to each other. My A64 idles around 33-35 degrees, according to my motherboard anyway. Not overclocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

can we make this a sticky at some stage, when there is more pics?, id put mine up but the rig is a mess, due to a new change of psu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Iill post a couple of pic of mine next week when ive got the new watercooling sorted out and the plexy rails for my psu wiring ..it should be tidy and nice on the eye by then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'd love to post pics of mine, it's prety neat and tidy...all blue LED fans inside. Everything is cable sleeved. I'm big into airflow and stuff, and it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

A few pics of my Stackers insides :)

cm3.jpg

cm2.jpg

cm1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Nukem wrote:
    Well i wont be winning any fooking awards. The PSU cables are as rigid as anything and i need to get a round floppy too *tut tut* meredface.gif
    Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3

Nukem

Looks Nice Nukem, Now if only i could figure out how to post a picture :confused: i would show you the meaning of the word messy.

Looks Nice Nukem, Now if only i could figure out how to post a picture i would show you the meaning of the word messy.

Jessy, got to photobucket.com, create a new account and upload the pics, its very easy. Then just post the URL that it supplys under each uploaded pic :) . Should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

or use www.imageshack.us to upload a photo.

you can also have a free unlimited account and you can view all your uploads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Stephen, how is your cpu temp 23C :confused: , is that correct ?? U cant be using air cooling if it is ??
    Mine runs at 23 aircooled.
    System runs at 21.
    /me thrusts
    And my case is covered in fur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Why have people only got 2 cards in their systems. I have at least 4 cards, a Massive Zalman heatsink/Cooling, 2 * 512 Ram, Floppy, HD Fans, 3 2 Harddrive and a dvd drive. All your cases look empty, oh I also have a card reader....

John

Advertisement