Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Clean And Tidy" PC award!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

yes, all my pci slots are full, thats 6 cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Jessy, got to photobucket.com, create a new account and upload the pics, its very easy. Then just post the URL that it supplys under each uploaded pic :) . Should work fine.
    Sparky_S wrote:
    or use www.imageshack.us to upload a photo.

you can also have a free unlimited account and you can view all your uploads.

thanks for the help guys.

pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic4

pic quality is poor.

I keep saying that ill get round to doing the cable managment on it, but i am very very lazy.

I might win an award for the most untidy machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

jessy wrote:
    I might win an award for the most untidy machine.
    Hehe, definitely! ;)

Is that a Mac Mini on top of your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

WizZard wrote:
    Is that a Mac Mini on top of your PC?
    yep, thats my baby alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

What on earth do u guys have in all your pci slots?? I am getting a new sound card soon but beside my wireless card i dont need anything else ?? I now have 3 harddrives, and i also have a big ass heatpipe on my gpu. And u say u have hardrive coolers, well in my well designed case :p , there is a 120mm blowing on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

right i have the new psu installed and now for some pics

BTW for endurance man i have a tv tuner card and a dvb satellite card in my pci slots

also its my same case as last time but im waiting for a delievry of a thermaltake shark.

dscf13131uq.th.jpg dscf13121et.th.jpg dscf13157qo.th.jpg dscf13143he.th.jpg

this rig contains the amd 64 and a 6600gt gfx card and 2gb ram

What on earth do u guys have in all your pci slots?? I am getting a new sound card soon but beside my wireless card i dont need anything else ?? I now have 3 harddrives, and i also have a big ass heatpipe on my gpu. And u say u have hardrive coolers, well in my well designed case :p , there is a 120mm blowing on them.

1 x FX5900xt(soon to be 6600gt)
    1 x Critcool powerplant relay card
    1 x NIC
    1 x TV card
    1 x Audigy 2
    1 x 56k modem

djmarkus wrote:
    1 x FX5900xt(soon to be 6600gt)

wouldnt that be the AGP or PCI-E slot :D

56k Modem :p
    My tv Card Is External so dont have that.
    Not sure wat a nic is?

Edit: Ohh, Network Card :rolleyes: , well mine is onboard, wat mobo do u have ?

Network Interface Card, and some of us live in the sticks and are damn glad to have phonelines never mind BB!

ok then 5x pci cards and 1 agp card,

• Advertisement

Crisis, well im kinda glad i dont have all that hassle :p . Only thing i would have is the sound card.

i have gigabit onboard my p4c800-e deluxe, why i have the extra NIC is a long story, its to do with backbones of my home network and stuff

i have gigabit onboard my p4c800-e deluxe, why i have the extra NIC is a long story, its to do with backbones of my home network and stuff

Ahh okay, well not having a lot of pci cards works well for me, i get lots of airflow under that big heatsink which is good :).

ive a gigabit onboard my epox aswell, and i dont need a sound card because theres 7.1 on the mobo, but i dont use it, i use the digital out to a seperate amp for full gaming sound.
    so it just the tv cards for me (mainly for capture)
    is supprising the quality of straight satellite to mpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Only slots I need to use are
    Galaxy Glacier 6800 GT
    Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Mobo handles everything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The only slots used in mine are 1 PCI-E for the X800, and 1 PCI for TV card. Sound, NIC, etc are all onboard. No 56k modem (PFFFT!!)

Dower, when can i expect my award :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, My onboard sound... well basically broke. So I have a sound card, thingy for the card reader, firewire card, Graphics, There's one more I'm forgetting....

Used to be, TV Card, Sound Card, 2 Graphics cards, Card reader thingy, Firewire card, and the other one that I can't remember.

John

Lump wrote:
    Yea, My onboard sound... well basically broke. So I have a sound card, thingy for the card reader, firewire card, Graphics, There's one more I'm forgetting....

Used to be, TV Card, Sound Card, 2 Graphics cards, Card reader thingy, Firewire card, and the other one that I can't remember.

John

john do ya have a capture card for your pc, or do ya just use the firewire from the camera?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

VeVeX...looks pretty nice, though i might suggest and little dusting.

:-)

Endurance...Jury is still out yet, need more entries. It's gotta have that "wow" factor. Be off the hook, remember....it's a clean and tidy award!

does mine cut it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd love to post pics of mine, .

And you haven't because ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

jonski wrote:
    And you haven't because ?

No digital camera...but people have seen my rig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i cant enter this, all my rigs are messy as feck.

Preformance is all i really care about at the mo. I will get around to building one of those fancy looking rigs one of these days......... maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sparky_S wrote:
    john do ya have a capture card for your pc, or do ya just use the firewire from the camera?

Well one of the graphics card I had, was a pinnacle card with a break out box, it had a firewire connection. However, Connecting the camera to the firewire care worked just aswell.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

2nd Rig, really only for surfing and folding. Neat and tidy but very uninspiring.

Richard your old case being put to use already.

Inqui

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Wait now before Richard announces whos the winner,he has to go around to boards members houses and do the white glove test.So get that cannister of air out lads. :)

Some really nice and tidy Pc's lads,you all put mine to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

VeVeX...looks pretty nice, though i might suggest and little dusting.

:-)

Endurance...Jury is still out yet, need more entries. It's gotta have that "wow" factor. Be off the hook, remember....it's a clean and tidy award!

Your right there, could do with a dose of an air duster. I forgot about the "clean" bit. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I vaguely remember starting a thread like this ages ago, I even still have the picture i posted of my cable mess aswell. I havent opened my case since, I'm afraid of what i might find :eek:

Heres the pic

Advertisement