Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Headin To Dit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Repli wrote:
    That is fierce confusing lol. All the degree names have now been changed to what the diploma names used to be (and still are?) Whatever DIT!

If that's my course, god help you. 2nd year is.............difficult :)
    what year r u in then? or are you finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Ah I'm going into 4th year, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Everyone, bar 1st year, is back in on th 19th. It's usual not to be told until the week before though, DIT doesn't do organisation.

The academic calendar is available here:
    http://www.dit.ie/DIT/academic/calendar/index.html

Seems they've brought in semesterisation, i know they were talking about it last year but i'm not sure what impact it will actually have on us

Repli wrote:
    Ah I'm going into 4th year, you?
    3rd(well from how financial accounting went today maybe not)

Do you know of anyone that got to carry any subjects into 3rd year?

Well I carried data comms assessment into 3rd year (missed it cos I was on holidays, so they weren't very sympathetic), but that was just an assessment and not a full exam.. I have heard of people being allowed to carry 1 subject into the following year providing it's not a main one (like programming or algorithms).. Ah you might pass yet :)

• Advertisement

hmm..but then would it not fcuk up you work placement? i'll be physicaly sick if i dont get into 3rd year over financial accounting.

Well it didn't feck up my placement anyway :) I just took a day off work to go into college and do the assessment.. Was just an assessment so I didn't have to do much study.. Seriously though they won't make you repeat an entire year of college just to do 1 half-year subject..

Actually you just reminded me of something, a guy in my class was allowed carry TWO full subjects into 3rd year providing he did one of the non-work placement routes (DKM or CSAA). But relax - you might have passed the repeat exam.. repeat results are usually out very quickly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Repli wrote:
    If that's my course, god help you. 2nd year is.............difficult :)

Ah no dont say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im a kevin st man myself. just doin repeats for my second year subject hopefully bringing me to third year. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Dave: You'll have passed fa, and if you didn't, they'll let you carry it, just beg them. Bald dave got away with so much doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Hi all,

Hopefully ill be going into 3rd year of FT228, had to repeat Programming the other day. Has anyone ever carried programming?

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hi all,

Hopefully ill be going into 3rd year of FT228, had to repeat Programming the other day. Has anyone ever carried programming?

Dave.
    Yes, I failed 2nd year programming on the old FT225 course (Applied Science/Computing).
    I was made repeat 2nd year doing only that subject. Not a great year :(

Of course you're doing a different course (DT228), but the above might apply because since the old FT225 course was dropped, they took some of the better bits of it, put it together with the old FT228 course and came up with the new & improved DT228.

Yeah you can't carry programming :( A girl in my class got held back a year too because of that.. in 2nd year that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hehe, Hello lads.

I've 2 repeats to go, OOSE and Databases on tomorrow and thursday, im doing the part time IT course - DT249 .

Nevermind what Repli says, his name backwards is ilper :P

Heh fair enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aidob

got my stuff the other day

induction next Wednesday and Registration Thursday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah,I got my stuff too... and yes, joy to the start on Wednesday.... but did anyone notice you were went to pay the capitation fee by yesterday I think it was? I was at Electric Picnic and I've been working since during bank times... how the hell do they expect you to pay it in 2 working days?

yeah I saw that , 12th September they're supposed to be in , only got the stuff on monday ..

anyone else happen to have 775 euro hangin about ? they may get it payed today or tomorrow and like it ,

just gonna bring out the little stub thing as proof that it was paid ...

Hope this isnt a sign of things to come...

lol , apologies , just hate being sprung wit havin to pay big amounts of money in a short time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well you can expect this sort of thing from DIT.
    They managed to put me down for the wrong course entirely so now I have to get it all sorted tomorrow. I hope they make life easy.

Lol in the past 3 years I've been in DIT, every single one of the bank giros was due to be paid within a day or two.. One time I was actually expected to pay it a few days BEFORE I got the damn thing.. they don't really care when it's paid though.. you can do it with credit card online too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Still havnt got my crap in the post from these <insert expletive>'s.

hah hah.... aslong as they dont give my degree away to some hobo in the street, it'll be alllllllll ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im still waitin for my damn results!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

evad_lhorg wrote:
    im still waitin for my damn results!!!!

the exam board is meeting today (Tues) so the results will be up on Tues evening or Wed morning. I'm dreading them myself. Why oh why wont they be posted on WebCT? It means I've to make a round trip of 140miles on Wed to find out if I passed. Im totally ****ting it :(

They dont post them online? Thats kinda ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Can any body tell me what the course in ELECTRONIC AND
    COMPUTER SYSTEMS DT089 - Two Years is like.....and is there a good choice of add on courses in the computers area.thanks

on it myself , (see you tomorrow if your goin :p )

so in the dark as you

as for progression

ye if ye do decent enough , you can be transfered (the ladder system) to

DT080 (Electronic & Comp Systems Ord Degree) & DT008 (Electronic & Comms Engineering Ord Degree)

progressing on again to Honours degrees in Computer Engineering DT081 and

Electronic/Electrical Engineering DT021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

aidob wrote:
    on it myself , (see you tomorrow if your goin :p )

Same here.

Whats up with registration tomorrow? Is it an all day thing or what time does it start/open or whatever? I got some stuff in the post today from DIT but it said sweet all about tomorrow.

Advertisement