Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Headin To Dit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aidob

registration is on Thursday isnt it ? Induction tomorrow.... I think / hope lol

hahaha havent a clue what we will be put through .... suppose it'll be an hour or 2 , maybe 3 just showin us the school maybe a few talks etc .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i had induction and registration today. it was good. class is pretty small so its not impersonal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Registration + Induction details for kevin street engineering

From what I can tell, there is no real reason to head in tomorrow ... theres an engineering welcome in the morning - might head in for that I suppose.

We dont register until thursday morning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Misticles wrote:
    i had induction and registration today. it was good. class is pretty small so its not impersonal
    I have 75 in my class. It was a fun day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

anyone here doing first year in marketing aungier st?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Awh crap. I got a letter a few months ago saying I start back on the 19th... Just checked the site and my induction was 2day. Dammit!!!!!

I'm sure I'll find me way around... yea sure...yea.. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

kjt wrote:
    Awh crap. I got a letter a few months ago saying I start back on the 19th... Just checked the site and my induction was 2day. Dammit!!!!!

I'm sure I'll find me way around... yea sure...yea.. :confused::confused:

huh you sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Binomate wrote:
    I have 75 in my class. It was a fun day.

what course are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Not back until 26th here :( FT228/4

Misticles wrote:
    what course are you doing?
    DT 228 - Computer Science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Binomate wrote:
    I'm going into the 2nd year. Should be fun :S

LoL fun and 2nd year don't belong in the same sentence with that course..

Repli wrote:
    LoL fun and 2nd year don't belong in the same sentence with that course..

lol stop saying that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

aidob wrote:
    registration is on Thursday isnt it ? Induction tomorrow.... I think / hope lol

Wont be heading in in the morning myself ... dont see much point according to the .doc i found on the dit website, registration is thursday morning along with tours and whatnot then students union stuff later in the day.

All I see for tomorrow is Engineering welcome stand which doesnt sound like I should give up time/money/sleep to be there.

orla wrote:
    lol stop saying that!

Yeeeeep... 2nd year is the real killer.. don't forget your survival pack.. you'll be lucky to make it out alive...
    You have tragedies like 9/11 in America... then you have 2nd year in FT228.. yepppp...

haha will this do?

survival_kit.jpg

Wont be heading in in the morning myself ... dont see much point according to the .doc i found on the dit website, registration is thursday morning along with tours and whatnot then students union stuff later in the day.

All I see for tomorrow is Engineering welcome stand which doesnt sound like I should give up time/money/sleep to be there.

[Cue bad advice] Don't bother going in for the first 2 weeks in my opinion, it's just lecturers not showing up, rooms being mixed up, timetables being changed 2,3,4, 6000 times, confusion, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Binomate wrote:
    thats my course too..... :rolleyes: :D

orla wrote:
    haha will this do?

survival_kit.jpg

Latex gloves.. whatever your into heh.. throw in a few AK's and you'll be grand!

I'm sure i could use the gloves to cover my tracks if i have to strangle any of my lectures this year!

• Advertisement

Yeah you'll meet 1 or 2.. Zhane u going into 1st year?

Repli wrote:
    Yeah you'll meet 1 or 2.. Zhane u going into 1st year?
    yep. Start monday morning 9am! I think...the guy rambled on.... :o

Zhane wrote:
    yep. Start monday morning 9am! I think...the guy rambled on.... :o

Wasn't Art Sloan by any chance?

Repli wrote:
    Wasn't Art Sloan by any chance?
    Why yes...how did you know? :D

Art tends to ramble on and on and on.. but he's so nice and funny. The mutli choice tests he gives are hilarious!

Zhane wrote:
    Why yes...how did you know? biggrin.gif

LOL he was my first year mentor too.. he's one of the funniest lecturers in the college..
    Quote: "I'm just back from a conference in Queens University.. where everyone talks like me.. anyway"
    Binomate wrote:
    I have 75 in my class. It was a fun day

Don't get too close.. there will only be about 40 left by the summer exams biggrin.gif Then all the FAS [strike]retards[/strike] special people come in for 2nd year..

I nearly fell asleep up the at the back of class. Those Student Union guys were funny.

Binomate wrote:
    I nearly fell asleep up the at the back of class. Those Student Union guys were funny.

Who did you say was your favourite cartoon character? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh, he was saying that he gives us a choice of essay style type tests or multple choice tests, who wouldn't pick the latter?

also anyone know the name of that programming book Michael Collins told us to get i forgot to take it down, something like "a guide to C+ by some irish dude

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    yeh, he was saying that he gives us a choice of essay style type tests or multple choice tests, who wouldn't pick the latter?

also anyone know the name of that programming book Michael Collins told us to get i forgot to take it down, something like "a guide to C+ by some irish dude

It was "A Guide to C programming" by Paul Kelly, well thats what i wrote down anyway

Advertisement