Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Headin To Dit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

A Guide to C Programming by Paul Kelly

yeah he's a lecturer in DIT.. nice................guy.........cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Zhane wrote:
    Who did you say was your favourite cartoon character? lol
    Good old relyable Buggs Bunny. The name of the book was "A guide to C Programming".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Michael should have just wrote his own book cos he was always complaining about things being wrong in that book.

Oh did he do that "I'm not related to the other Micheal Collins" joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

orla wrote:
    Michael should have just wrote his own book cos he was always complaining about things being wrong in that book.

yes and you could see it coming a mile off....

• Advertisement

The sequel to "A guide to C programming is great" - You get it in 2nd year - it's called "A guide to C++ programming"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Does anyone else think Michael Collins slightly resembles Lee Evans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

have paul kellys book and gerstrings if anyones fancies buying em.
    a note on dt228 2nd year,
    I swapped out of the course in november due to not showing up for the first 2 months and not paying attention, Be warned, PAY ATTENTION, There have been a number of complaints made about the year, they are apparently going to restructure the course as there are far too many modules in the second year, have many friends still in that course who have found it difficult enough. ITs not impossible but you do need to do work/research at points in the year, and do expect to be examined frequently enough.

Art sloan is brilliant, the guy is easy to talk to and will give you any advice you need.
    also, do take a look at the study tips in the student calendar/diary thingum. They are handy and learning em in first year can avoid laziness later on.

You will have fun. DIT is a great place imho, love the college hence my return to my final year (all going well with the repeats).

Also, If ya need to know your exam results I can take a look for ya. will be heading in tomorrow before shooting off to Galway, have to check my own. Please god let me have passed these repeats :E

Binomate wrote:
    Does anyone else think Michael Collins slightly resembles Lee Evans?

Slightly.. anyone else think Paul Kelly looks a bit like George Bush? (seriously!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Repli wrote:
    Slightly.. anyone else think Paul Kelly looks a bit like George Bush? (seriously!)

roflcopter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

woo, got a late entry to kevin st, computer and electrical systems. look out for a guy with a big stupid body cast til december, thats me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aidob

Wont be heading in in the morning myself ... dont see much point according to the .doc i found on the dit website, registration is thursday morning along with tours and whatnot then students union stuff later in the day.

All I see for tomorrow is Engineering welcome stand which doesnt sound like I should give up time/money/sleep to be there.

ah twasnt too bad today , well legged it myself at around 12 cos I wasnt waitin round till 2 for the tours .....

didnt really miss much , just a load about the course , and loads of info handed out , about the school , course , student & course handbooks , and timetable etc ......

lol the .doc you found was handed out today to everyone ....
    Repli wrote:
    [Cue bad advice] Don't bother going in for the first 2 weeks in my opinion, it's just lecturers not showing up, rooms being mixed up, timetables being changed 2,3,4, 6000 times, confusion, etc.

ye was think along the same lines myself , the call it "mix-ups" lol , said it'll be up to 2 weeks to sort them (if any) ...

good college though , lookin foreward to Monday now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

aidob wrote:
    didnt really miss much , just a load about the course , and loads of info handed out , about the school , course , student & course handbooks , and timetable etc ......

good college though , lookin foreward to Monday now :)

"Didnt miss much ... just a load ..." :p Ah well im sure ill get some of that tomorrow.

Dont you have to go back in in the morn to register though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aidob

"Didnt miss much ... just a load ..." :p Ah well im sure ill get some of that tomorrow.

Dont you have to go back in in the morn to register though?

lol , a load = balls .....

ah ye registration tomorrow ... but lookin foreward to the classes on Monday ....

hopefully our time table does change . in every day till 6 except Friday .

btw my letter said to be in at 10.15 tomorrow for registration , but as wit the .doc and wat we were told today , we're to come in for around 9.30 .

also if ye dont see the timetable , first class on Monday is a 10 ..

its Engineering Science & Maths in room 310 in the new building (some new code system so its called "KA 3-010" )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

cool, thats pretty cack being in till 6 every day ... maybe ill get round to using the gym now.... maybe ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Just wondering does anybody know when registration for DT228/2 is?
    I phoned up and they said next Tuesday but it seems a bit late seen as classes start Monday....

Thanks

Yea it's normal for classes to start before registration.. that's the DIT way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Okey dokily. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Did you do paintball last year?
    orla wrote:

Anyone up for the secret PK project? (You know who you are)

Did you do paintball last year?

Anyone up for the secret PK project? (You know who you are)

nope why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

orla wrote:
    nope why?
    Just trying to figure out who people are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

went into college to get my results yesterday and the freshers were acting like idiots-running around the college as if they were 4 year olds being let loose in a toy shop........anyway they'll soon learn

Yeah I had to go in today to do my work placement presentation jesus the freshers are annoying twats..

Why? What were they doing?

Blocking doors, jumping and shouting all over the place like its a zoo.. I dunno.. see for yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Repli wrote:
    Blocking doors, jumping and shouting all over the place like its a zoo.. I dunno.. see for yourself!

:mad: hey!! we're not all like that ya know! im a fresher and i dont run around like some kind of imbecile!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I dont know which dit you were in, but im a fresher in aungier st and i have yet to see any sort of 'shananigans' goin on. Its all pretty civilised,with no one wanting to stand out 'just in case'

Maybe it's just kevin st haha.. we went over to aungier st for lunch and everything was nice and civilized..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

As soon as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years come back they wont be as cocky I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

>=-]

Advertisement