Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Headin To Dit?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

im in kevin st, and i dont think its bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I have to say, it was Kevin Street impressed me more than i thought it would be. but its a tip compared to Aungier St. We went over there to look at the two computer labs over there and the building is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I dont know which dit you were in, but im a fresher in aungier st and i have yet to see any sort of 'shananigans' goin on. Its all pretty civilised,with no one wanting to stand out 'just in case'

well thats aungier st for ya.. the rest of the dit's are more relaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

well the freshers were nuts in Bolton St. They were running around the place, racing each other on the stairs and I was worried at the large group who were excited by the library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah, I can understand the fresher madness... thought now with a few years experience behind me I'd be grand... but the damn LUAS broke down, I sprinted down to Kevin St. instead of Aungier St., where I asked somebody where Aungier St. was and they told me while giving me that "awww,look at the ickle fresher" look, then ran up to Aungier St. and **** my ass... how THE HELL do you get to the 5th floor?!?!? Ok, so I eventually found it, but the majority of the stairs go up to the 4th floor and dead end, so by the time I got to the lecture hall I was a ball of sweat. Madness. After that though it was all grand and dandy. Dont think many people in my class were too pushed about the fresher thing... funny feeling most of them have already done part of a college course. Anyhows, viva la DIT, looks deggely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

same wit my course, theres 15 ppl in it and about half including myself have done a part of another course too which makes me feel a bit better. im in kevin st and loving it already....yay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

how THE HELL do you get to the 5th floor?!?!? Ok, so I eventually found it, but the majority of the stairs go up to the 4th floor and dead end,

Um, I think all of them do bar one, that one being inbetween the lobby and java city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Aungier st has a 5th floor now??? For anyone going to Kevin st.. advice.. stay AWAY from the canteen.. there is a LOVELY canteen just 2 minutes away in DIT Aungier st.. I got smoked cod, yellow rice and potatoes and orange lucozade for about €4.30 there the other day and the food is really good.. :D

[Edit] How could I mention to good view also.. very impressive surroundings there indeed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Never been to aungier street canteen but the kevin street one's a bit dodgy, the dinners are OK but the breakfast stuff it a bit too cheap, sausages especially.

Yeah just boycott the KST canteen.. I know it's cheaper but the food is seriousssssssssly bad.. :( Only learnt after nearly a year.. Freshers take note..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I've already boycotted the canteen and i havnt even spent a full day in the place ... Q'd up for the free lunch thursday after registration the Q moved pretty fast ... when i saw why i left. The food wasnt even cooked yet and people were heading to seats empty trayed. Needless to say i left and headed to pearse street to get home in the lashing rain ... it rained all god damned day god damnit. god damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Anyone know where i can go to get things stampedin Kevin Street? My student travel card form needs to be stamped and i have some other forms too. I just dont know where to go... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Administration??

Go in the main front door and go up to the 3rd floor I
    think and its on your left. Man I've been there so many
    times this year sorting things out :S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 all6's&7's

Administration is on the second floor. After being a student in the place and stilll in kevin street 8 years later (i didnt repeat ALL those times), my advice is stay away from the canteen food. I suppose its ok during the day if it is compared to whats been eaten in a Bankok jailhouse, but in the evening, its just chronic. Aunger street is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

had a few of someone elses chips in the canteen today (KST), not that bad tbh. though my day was soured by the wrech who wouldn't let me get a student card because i didn't have a passport... "i had to get one to get this anyway [flash garda id]"

had a few of someone elses chips in the canteen today (KST), not that bad tbh. though my day was soured by the wrech who wouldn't let me get a student card because i didn't have a passport... "i had to get one to get this anyway [flash garda id]"

I enjoyed staring at that lovely brown sauce ;)

Or was it pink....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ive had the food there plenty of times tbh in my two years there. its not that bad. get youself some sausages and chips and youre sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

kjt wrote:
    I enjoyed staring at that lovely brown sauce ;)

Or was it pink....

i assume by sauce you mean discharge, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Repli, you doing Management information systems?

i assume by sauce you mean discharge, yes?
    Yup, Discharge idd.
    Some lovely discharge

• Advertisement

Is thousand Island dressing really just mayo mixed with ketchup?

Doodee wrote:
    Repli, you doing Management information systems?

Yeah heheh it bored the arse off me though, not sure I'll pick it as an option..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Some of the breakfast food in Kevin St. aint half bad. Hash browns and sausages are lovely, however the puddings taste like crap and the rashers are like chewing gum.

Why are the canteens so expensive? Surely if its a canteen in college the food should be subsidised? I dunno bout you kids, but I paid over €4 for a small plate of chips and a few cod chunks.... that aint a very good price me thinks. There really doesnt seem to be a nice economic option. I remember in Trinity ya could just get a big bowl of chips and a sausage and it was around 2yo or something. Twas cool. I'm moaning about Aungier St. Food Zone here by the by... maybe Kevin St. has cheapo options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I think it was 3.60 for pretty mucha full Irish wich isn't bad. I supose some of the food was almost inedible.

Yeah thats 2 yo cheaper then Aungier st. currently is me thinks.

Yesturday i got the "Chicken and Bacon" dinner.

1stly the bacon was just a rind of backon about 1 sq inch big, and the chicken was burned to a cinder and i nearly broke the plate trying to cut the damn thing.

As a whole i would describe the meal as nearly inedible

Didnt you see the chicken and bacon before ordering it?

I suppose but i would expect that they would have thrown anything that they had burnt in the bin!

• Advertisement
Advertisement