Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear up something for me; NUI Galway is the only university in Galway

• 19-08-2005 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

My friends think there's NUI Galway, and then UCG. Afaik, they're one of the same, right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

yep, ucd, maynooth,ucc,ucg all national universities of ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

So there's only one? There's no UCG and NUI Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

no they're the same just like UCD could be called NUI Belfield or NUI Dublin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

UCG became NUI,G in 1999 or so. Mainly a re-branding and cha-ching thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Theres always my private university of murder

ladies only

edit: no gays either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Funkstard wrote:
    My friends think there's NUI Galway, and then UCG. Afaik, they're one of the same, right?

Tell your friends that John from "The H'intarweb" said they were a shower of muppets.

In the words of Mr. Hicks: "You're right, Not those fúckers YOU'RE FÚCKING RIGHT"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

SyxPak wrote:
    "The H'intarweb"

rofl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

I remember when the college changed over from UCG to NUI. The presidents office sent us all a letter (felt so privilaged at the time!) to pretty much plead with us to stop calling the place UCG and change it to NUIG.

Advertisement