Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with ipod

• 19-08-2005 8:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

I dont know whats up with my ipod i have tried everything..lets start the story ok my ipod was slow so i reset it anyway this strange folder with an x @ the bottom appears on my ipod...i have tried the ipod updater...and that doesn't work any hints or tips please!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

ok i have a live update i have my ipod menu screen working but when i plug the ipod into the usb it will link up with the pc for a sec and then it goes off i have tried the update and reset but to no avail whats the prob please anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sounds like the hard disk is ****ed.
    did you try a restore from within ipod updater?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

I had the same prob. It was v frustrating. The hard disk is prolly corrupted or broken. I sent mine back to Apple and got a new one back in less than 2 wks, no questions asked. Good customer service. You might as well take a free one, if it's inside the warranty.

Did you drop it?

no i didn't drop it or anything but i bought in the states about 1 year ago will that warrantly work here?

i tried the ipod updater it worked and restored the ipod ..but when i tried the ipod again and linked with the pc via usb it would link up for a few sec and u know the transmit icon on the ipod would go off and it would fail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

The lesson??go for substance not style. Superficiality comes back and kicks you square in the hole! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah, lol, you should ask about mp3 players on forums BEFORE you buy them, not after when you have problems with the crap one you bought :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

The lesson??go for substance not style. Superficiality comes back and kicks you square in the hole! :p
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    Yeah, lol, you should ask about mp3 players on forums BEFORE you buy them, not after when you have problems with the crap one you bought :p
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=208207
    Khannie wrote:
    Unhelpful comments (e.g. "switch to linux" when encountering a windows problem) will result in a one day ban.
    Might be useful to have something similar for the gadgets charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

johnnyc wrote:
    no i didn't drop it or anything but i bought in the states about 1 year ago will that warrantly work here?

I don't see why not. I think the warranty is 18 months, too.

I think the warranty is for 12 months but you could always chance your arm/beg them over th phone.

• Advertisement

Goldstein wrote:
    Might be useful to have something similar for the gadgets charter.
    damn straight
    i avoid threads like this for that exact reason.
    who gives a **** if the poster bought the wrong mp3 player? (for the record, i'm an iPod fanboi)
    either post something useful or don't bother

ok i was wondering how will i get in contact with apple does anybody have a telephone no or email address...it is still under Warranty i have tried the apple website?

JC 2K3 wrote:

if i asked anyone on boards.ie about mp3 players i would be waiting for 2 years before i would buy one due to the divided opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Humpty Doo

It's consoling to hear I am not the only one with iPod troubles!

Mine crashed this morning. I can only get a display of a folder with an exclamation mark. I have tried following the suggestions on the apple site but nothing is working.

Anyone have any tips before I try to claim on my warranty?

Cheers

good news getting a new ipod due to the hard drive been fecked will not cost me anything relieve under warrantly. anyway humphy if your under warran you will not have any probs humpty doo. But if you hear a clicking sound with the folder and x mark icon appearing your hard drive is fecked...dont ring the apple technical support(they will charge u €35 for nothing) i have addresses in munster. if thats any help for u?

johnnyc wrote:
    i have addresses in munster. if thats any help for u?

eh?

Advertisement