Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half-Life II for Xbox

• 19-08-2005 10:14am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea on an ETA for this?

And given the imminent arrival of Xbox 360 will it compatible for only one, or both old & new consoles?

CHEERS!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

its for the xbox, but will work on the 360. before november as far as i know, for arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its meant to be extremely intensive on processing power and jumpy..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any xbox game released from this month on will be compatible with XBox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i heard it was that virtually every game on the Xbox will be playable on the 360 and that games from this month will be FULLY compatable with xbox live on 360.

OVER time, you need a hard drive to play xbox games that are pre 2005, because the emulation patchs must be downloaded from live, so if you buy the core system, dont put your hopes up for playing older games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I also heard Half life 2 is extremely jumpy and not running smooth at all.

it should have been developed for the 360, too late at this stage though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It will probably appear on the 360 in time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

i heard the complete opposite.... supposedly half life 2 is ONLY coming out for the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, its definatley in development for the Xbox.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halflife2/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Tauren wrote:
    i heard it was that virtually every game on the Xbox will be playable on the 360

'Virtually every game' is far from the MS line, maybe 'virtually every triple-A game'.
    Tauren wrote:
    and that games from this month will be FULLY compatable with xbox live on 360.

I don't think it is 'any' game from this month on...
    According to sources who have spoken to 1UP, Microsoft is asking certain developers to create their current and future games with the emulation code built-in, so that consumers buying an Xbox 360 without the HDD will be able to play the relevant games; enabling both 360 SKUs to benefit. However, this will only be limited to recent products, and even then it'll be restricted to just high profile or triple-A titles.

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60668

Advertisement