Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacting a hosting company

Options
  • 19-08-2005 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

A client of mine asked me to contact their hosting company (who are based in the UK) because their site and email has been down for a couple of hours...

I went to their website, and tried the phone number but I get a tone like a dial up modem... so I tried their online helpdesk, and it's down too... I've emailed them, but that was an hour ago and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Is there any other way I can get another phone number? using the VAT number or anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

sounds like your ringing a fax number, try a fax, i'd give them more than an hour to respond to your email tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I'll try the fax idea, I know I only gave it an hour but email is part of their core business and to have it down for this long means they're calling me asking when will it be back every 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

ah yeh i know what you mean, thats why im switching to using irish hosts these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Whats the domain name of the hosting company? you should be able to find the number from a whois look up. http://www.register365.ie/whois/whois.cgi

Advertisement