Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Eircom League Football

• 19-08-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Derry City v Cork City, Brandywell (Kick off 7:30)

Derry City manager Stephen Kenny celebrates a year in the job today and will hope for a winning start to his second year with the Candystripes as he welcomes back Sean Hargan, Damien Brennan and Alan Murphy back into the squad

However, Kevin Deery, Eddie McCallion and Eamon Doherty are still missing.

“We’re where we are on merit and have a good home record so it is a game to look forward to,” said Kenny.

Cork City will be without striker Willie Bruton who has a virus while manager Damien Richardson must decide whether to recall George O’Callaghan who is available again after suspension.

Shelbourne v Bohemians, Tolka Park (Kick off 8:00)

Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon has insisted he will not make too many changes to his side for the clash with Bohemians at Tolka Park despite their disappointing 1-0 defeat to Cork City on Monday which all but ended their title hopes.

“I wasn’t too disappointed with how we played, it wasn’t Monday but the games before that I was disappointed in so I won’t make too many changes,” said Fenlon.

The home side will be without the suspended Richie Baker and injured Gary O’Neill while Bohemians are without James Keddy, John Paul Kelly (both suspended), Gareth Farrelly (ankle), Mark O’Brien (thigh) and Sean Cooney (foot) meaning, once again, they will include a number of Under 21 players.

Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps, Carlisle Grounds (Kick off 7:45)

Bray Wanderers will be hoping to turn their impressive performances into results when they face bottom side Finn Harps at the Carlisle Grounds.

The Wanderers were unlucky not to take maximum points from their clashes with Derry City and Bohemians in the last two weeks ending the fortnight with just one point to show for their efforts.

“We’re playing well and hopefully we can get the points on the board,” said assistant manager Tony McGuirk. “Especially against Harps and it would be good to open up a good lead on them.”

The home side will be without Robbie Dunne (suspended) though Kevin O’Brien (groin) and Stephen Gifford (head wound) will hopefully be okay as they look to go ten points clear of bottom of the table Harps.

Finn Harps are at full strength with manager Anthony Gorman’s main concern being whether to pick Chris Breen or Paddy McGrenaghan in attack.

Drogheda United v Waterford United, United Park (Kick off 7:45)

Drogheda United will be hoping to claim a victory after two successive draws when they face Waterford United at United Park.

Gavin Whelan (calf) is a slight doubt though Graham Gartland and Sami Ristela both return from suspension.

Waterford United are without suspended duo, David Breen and Vinny Sullivan while Kevin Waters (calf) is also out. Sean Finn returns from suspension though manager Brendan Rea only has 17 fit players to choose form.

Shamrock Rovers v UCD, Dalymount Park (Kick off 7:45)

Shamrock Rovers will be close to full strength for their clash with UCD at Dalymount Park.

Marc Kenny and Trevor Molloy from suspension while Gavin McDonnell and Jason McGuinness can return from injuries. However, Shelley (throat) is a big worry and unlikely to be involved while Willo McDonagh is still suspended.

Conor Kenna (ankle ligaments) is ruled out for UCD with Brian Shortall set to deputise in defence. Striker Paul Byrne (stomach muscle) is also ruled out.

I'll be at Tolka myself, although I really want to watch the Cork-Derry game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Be at Dalymount for the Rovers game - not confident to be honest, UCD have a habbit of winning away from home - I'd take a draw at this stage. Like to see Derry win to keep the league race alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Tolka for me. Bad as Shels are atm we're not exactly producing our form of a month or two ago either so I reckon we'll do well to get a draw there.

Btw the Derry-Cork game is on Tg4 I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Greetings from Bangkok.

Won't be at any of the games, but will be following live on the Shels website.

Cork City -v- Derry City should be a great game, should CCFC win they will have one hand firmly gripping the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

will be watching the top of the table clash in some pub i reckon. 3-1 to cork city with fenn/kearney/o'flynn scoring. :D

i think bohs will beat shels as well to plunge them into even more despair...

rovers 1-1 ucd , drogheda 1-1 waterford, bray 1-1 harps. (got to get at least 1 right eh?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I can see both cork v derry & shels v bohs ending 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Pigman II wrote:
    Btw the Derry-Cork game is on Tg4 I think?

RTE2. Huge game, I'll be taping it. Gutted about the timing of it, I'll have to cheer for Cork now too :(

Shels v Bohs is always a bit special. We're due a win over them in Tolka, it would be sweet if it was tonight. Farrelly out is a huge loss for Bohs, and the rumour is Crowe has a knock too so may not play. Ryan and Hawkins probably will though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

Lets all hope that shels can get a result tonight !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Apparently George O'Callaghan is on the bench.

Shows what kind of a squad Cork have at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Derry , best looking ground in the league when on TV :D

Be glad you cant see the other side or that the stand extends about 100 feet past the pitch :)

kdjac

yeah, Derry's ground inc pitch and stand look the business.

It really kills me to say it but Cork are playing some great football compared to shels. Derry are playing very well too.

• Advertisement

This derry cork game is a cracking game btw !!! o callaghan on now , still 1-0 to derry. I dont know if cork can turn it around. they are creating little.. it looks like derry will score again.:)

Peno for cork !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martin booked... no becket is booked

Peno to Cork that is so wrong :)

They been hanging on for dear life for last 15 minutes so much their keeper is MOTM ...

kdjac

o callaghan slots it away. cool as fcúk

no way was that a peno. derry should have got the peno in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

No way that was a peno!!!!

Flynn scored . 2-1 to derry. Just fair IMO, that peno was no peno

Molly 3-1 derry

and its a screamer if he meant it

...................deserves it own thread.

kdjac

Shels are leading 2-1 against bohs with only 7 minutes left. bohs down to 10 men. Hopefully we hold on to pick up all 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just in from Tolka, a deserved win but an undeserved penalty. Some Bohs "fans" showed themselves for what they are, the Riverside-Ballybough corner was pelted all evening, Judas was written into the grass inside the Ballybough penalty area.

Shels played very well at times, Wes burned very hot and cold, was very incisive at times , but played too many poor passes. Ryan was MOTM officialy, probably not really deserved. Reynolds made his debut and was decent enough, typically tenacious. Everyone else had a decent game and Crowe was excellent.

Fair play to him for not celebrating.

The sending off was justified but Heary went down very easily for the peno, I can see why Bohs fans would feel aggrieved.

Still, its 3 points for us, a good performance and a smile on some Shels fans faces for the first time in a while.

Start spreading the news

What a moment :D Ryan cross, Crowe smacks it home standing on the pathetic judas sign.

Ryan was definitely MOTM imo. Set up the goal, set up the sitter for Crowe, played the ball for Heary for the penalty win and generally destroyed their full back for fun.

But Crowes goal, almost made the season worthwhile just to see it.

Tonight: a few things to remember

1. Shels are the enemy. Not one Bohs player should even be mildly criticised
    2. Abuse can go as low as is humanly possible, its only Shels anyway.
    3. The result. We are expcted to get beaten so ...

If its a defeat, make yourself feel better by launching a tirade of abuse at those ****ers as soon as you are in the ground, and dont stop

If its a draw, make it feel like a win by launching a tirade of abuse at those ****ers as soon as you are in the ground, and dont stop

If we win, make it feel like a league title win by launching a tirade of abuse at those ****ers as soon as you are in the ground, and dont stop

Every hour on the hour everyone should punch themselves in the face until they're sufficiently angry enough to attend this game tonight. I shall be on hand in Fagans to help this anger unmanagement process by robbing peoples pints.

(Unless you're drinking Smithwicks. In which case I'll just spit in your swill.)
    The Sun reports

' Ill feeling is running high this week as some Shels players have been subjected to abusive calls after their phone numbers were posted in the toilets in Dalymount Park'

http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1124440573

:rolleyes:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Its kind of funny and kind of pathetic :rolleyes:

sad bohszoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ah Bohs fans.........

Yeah breaking into Tolka vandalising our ground, phoning our players, throwing sausages and bottles at the officials and our players and unprovoked assaults on fans (including me) after the match. Pathetic.

You guys must be in a competition with Rovers fans for the scumbag title sice neither of you have anything left to cheer for on the pitch!

Back on match. 2-1 is ok but with 10 men we should have spanked them. We still have amny problems. Defence is still leaky, finishing is poor and we are not creating enough. It wasn't a bad performance but I still don't feel confident about this Shels team. It was good to see Bobby Ryan finally have a good game, Alan Reynolds was a debut revelation and Wes Hoolahan despite not having one of his best games looked in a different league to anyone else.

Bring on UCD on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was absolutely delighted with the Bohs performance, we outplayed them altough we had 8 players missing and a dope sent off stupidly after 20 mins, over half our team were under 20 but they gave 110% against the most expensively assembled team in eircom league history and judging by Greggs reaction it was never a penalty, but the future is bright.

Yeah Greggs reaction is the one I'd go by, if the opposition player protests it you know it's no penalty.

Not suprised that the Bohs fans let themselves down as per usual, wrecking the ground the day before, abusive phone calls to the players, coining their own fans in an attempt to throw stuff onto the pitch, something seemingly hitting the linesman.

Which is why Glen Crowe getting the winner against them was such a beautiful moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

bohsman wrote:
    Was absolutely delighted with the Bohs performance, we outplayed them

Debatable
    Slash/ED wrote:
    Which is why Glen Crowe getting the winner against them was such a beautiful moment

Not debatable!
    bohsman wrote:
    judging by Greggs reaction it was never a penalty

It wasn't a penalty, Heary was on his way to ground before the keeper slid and I don't think there was contact. I've seen the replay in slow motion a few times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement