Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 147

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

(my emphasis).

I'm fairly sure that the 318i has a timing belt too. :)

Ah, I didn't realise he was talking about the 318i
    Edit: And since when are Honda a "higher end manufacturer"?

Since they produce the largest BHP / litre from any naturally aspired engine in the world. I would kinda class this as high-end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

jayok wrote:
    Since they produce the largest BHP / litre from any naturally aspired engine in the world. I would kinda class this as high-end.

I assume you are referring to the 240bhp 2.0 in the S2000. And tell me, does that engine use a belt or a chain? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Erm, I think you boys are gone a bit off topic!

prospect wrote:
    Erm, I think you boys are gone a bit off topic!
    Sorry - It's all part of my endless quest for the last word :)

Cheif-- occasionally drops in on an Alfa thread, spouts some ungrounded garbage and blatantly incorrect "facts" and disappears without ever defending his points. Not quite trolling but close enough for lambs like me to rise to the bait.

147 RULES! WHOOO HOO! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I assume you are referring to the 240bhp 2.0 in the S2000. And tell me, does that engine use a belt or a chain?

The 2004 revision uses a chain! :D

That's it, done going off topic, enjoy your 147s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Was just yapping with an Alfa Sales guy. All new alfa petrol engines will have a chain!!!

I love it!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Finally they have seen the light :D

Down with Alfa

/end troll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

jayok wrote:

[ot]

i would not class that as being a high-end manufacturer - however it is superb engineering and a nice power return per cc

[/ot]

just to keep it on topic, prospect please reveal your sources :D

Advertisement