Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible?

• 19-08-2005 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

To cancel a sim card remotely without using Vodafone? I'm not too sure on the legalities of this matter as it is a sim I own that I no longer have. But if this is in any way against the charter please close this thread and you have my apologies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Why can't you use Vodafone? You have to ring the network your SIM is on to cancel it otherwise it stays in use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring Vodafone and tell them you lost your SIM. They'll confirm some details and that will be that.

Unless this is something illegal and you're trying to cancel someone elses SIM, in which case you can go and ask somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Without anyone going near Vodafone at all, no.
    Like maybe someone else might be able to cancel it, or an agent or whatever but somewhere it has to go through Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It is someone else thats using the sim and they are using it to steal business from me. Vodafone told me to tell the police, but I dont want to take it that far. So the general answer is no then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

why won't they cancel if for you then? If you own it I can't see a problem.

• Advertisement

I dunno it has something to do with it not being in my posession. Ah well I guess I might have to get the guards involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Its not a sim for your business and being used by an ex-employee is it?

Thats it kind of. The number is listed in the Golden Pages but the person using the number does not work for me any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

So who owns the SIM card?

I guess now, the person in question. So it'd probably be illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Who's it registered to?

Advertisement