Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for flash users

Options
  • 19-08-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi, ive tried googling for this but im having trouble being specific enough in my search terms to actually get anything useful.

Basically, what i would like to do is create a tutorial for a piece of software that shows users how to go through various aspects of it. Something like macro recording? Im not sure. Anyway, i would like to be able to show the buttons pressed, and text fields filled in, that sort of thing. It wouldnt have to be interactive, just play like a movie. I have seen a couple of these floating around the web, but i have no idea how to go about making one.

Is it a case of gettign a specific package, then clicking 'record' and editing it afterwards? Or would you have to take screenshots and place them as frames in an animation?

Any recommendations out there? Or am i barking up the wrong tree? Is there an easier way of doing what i want?

An example of what i would like to do is here

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

the example you posted was created using a macromedia product called captivate.

you can get a free trial at www.macromedia.com I have used captivate a few times for presentations myself, its soo simple to use. No prior knowledge of any macromedia product is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

There is a programme out there that will do this with out Flash expereience I have used it before but I cant remeber its name , however I will get it for you and post it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Google SCREEN CAPTURE or try

http://www.applian.com/replay-screencast/index.php?src=GSC_SCREEN_CAPTURE

Some are free download and some you have to pay for have a look and see which one is the best for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

You want something like this.

It can record anything that's displayed on your screen as well as from a webcam.

Then whatever you've captured can be converted to flash or avi or basically anything you want.

I'm sure there's a trial version.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Lads, thanks very much. Ye have been a great help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement