Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which way should I go?

• 19-08-2005 1:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting a new phone shortly.

I have a couple of options.

Was looking into getting the SE K750i on Meteor but am unsure as to network quality. I know its piggy backing on the o2 network but thats only in certain places. I live in Lucan and work in Clonskeagh but I take it covearge is good in Dublin.

Was also looking to getting the SE V 800 or Nokia 6230i on Vondafone.

Currently on o2 with a SE T 630. Was on Vodafone previously so I know what they are all about.

Has any one changed from 02 to Metoer? Have you had any problems? How does the costs compare?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

i know this post is over a month old but any way...... meteor selling a k750i? maybe ina year or so!!!! i moved from 02 to meteor and its much better. coverage is about the same but prices are cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

kearnsr wrote:
    I am thinking of getting a new phone shortly.

I have a couple of options.

Was looking into getting the SE K750i on Meteor but am unsure as to network quality. I know its piggy backing on the o2 network but thats only in certain places. I live in Lucan and work in Clonskeagh but I take it covearge is good in Dublin.

Was also looking to getting the SE V 800 or Nokia 6230i on Vondafone.

Currently on o2 with a SE T 630. Was on Vodafone previously so I know what they are all about.

Has any one changed from 02 to Metoer? Have you had any problems? How does the costs compare?

I had a V800, its a great phone, but go bored of watching news clips via 3G, the bluetooth connection to my laptop was only 115K so got a K750i about two months ago. No problems so far, expect it is bluetooth 1.2 which doesn't work with a number of none SE bluetooth headsets, car kits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

liamskater wrote:
    i know this post is over a month old but any way...... meteor selling a k750i? maybe ina year or so!!!! i moved from 02 to meteor and its much better. coverage is about the same but prices are cheaper

Meteor have been selling the k750i for about a month and a half...?
    Vodafone don't have it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 j26

Go for the K750i if you can - it's a superb phone.

O2 have it now and a new range of tariffs.

I've just got the K750i for €29 and 2000 off peak minutes to O2 and national numbers for €35pm. Suits my usage down to the ground. :D:D

Got it through carphone warehouse - don't know if they have an upgrade package. The K750i is a lot pricier on Meteor.

Advertisement