Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody good with cars might be able to help me

Options
  • 19-08-2005 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

, im havin problems with my VW Bora , much app

when i sit in traffic, and the car is thickin over, i get a small rumble maybe every 30 sec. its got worse since and now i get it quite a bit as soon as i start the car? would anyone be able to help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

is it your fan kicking in?
    Start up in your driveway and monitor things. Assuming Im correct, then what position is your temp gauge? Time it and then check again after dark when the air is cooler. If it seems to be coming on earlier than normal and/or the temp gauge is heading red-wards then get it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Not the best description of the sound.

next time you get to a park it and it is rumbling, just let it idle on and get you head into the engine and try figure out if it is a rumple from the engine, pullies, gearbox bearings/gears, (actually you can check that another way. anytime it occurs, put your foot down on the clutch and see if it stops).

Do you have AirCon?. it like the fans cut in and out regularly.

Advertisement