Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband

• 19-08-2005 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi not sure if this should go here or on the mobile board has anyone got a call about trialing vodafone homebroad band and if does anyone know anythong about it more than the nice telephone research lady (who was very helpful actually).

PS I have ripwave from IBB cant say have too much probs with it used to get disconnected a fair bit but they did one of those upgrade jobs and no probs now or v little was on dial up before and it is way better than that s*!T Anyway cant get any other BB other than IBB so not bad and sure better than dial up (only €25 a month) dont fly ryan air if ye want first class

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Did she give you the package details?

I would expect max 384k down over a 3G phone and about 64k-128k up. Its a 3G service . You will need a 3G phone or else the datacard that goes into a laptop.

I would also expect a Cap and a total cost about €50 a month for all data within the cap including VAT , it should work in all the big cities .

Ring her and clarify all the above and please tell us the package details afterwards .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

its not worth it mate for the amount your paying

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Sorry didnt explain myself too well I aint payin for this they are goin to pay me to test it give me the 3g phone for nought and can keep it so anyone want to buy after let me know the BB is goin to be free and they will pay my IBB sub for the 2 months I am usin it and thy will pay my mobile rental for the trial aswell so all in all not too bad just wonderin has anyone else got this saw one person on some other message board but i aint subscribed to that

1huge1 wrote:
    its not worth it mate for the amount your paying

1huge1 what nots worth it the vodafone or the IBB the only other broadband i can get other than ripwave is satelite so I am kinda stuck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

details of their proposal would be nice, how much after the trial like ???

no reason it should not work better than Ripwave BTW

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    details of their proposal would be nice, how much after the trial like ???

no reason it should not work better than Ripwave BTW
    Sponge bob dont know full details yet am ment to go to a yoke at the end of August to hear all was just wondering had anybody else heard anything about this let yez know when i hear all the details

Advertisement