Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kanye West - Late Registration

• 19-08-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got the album yet?

Just listened to it for the first time there and it hasnt really struck me as being exceptional, that said it usually take a few listens to like an album but there are some quality songs and overall its alot more mellow than College Dropout, alot of jazz influenced beats, overall i think Kanye is trying to go in a new direction but the result is an album with some songs that dont work and some that work really well. tracklist below, even has a song with NaS :D

01. Wake Up Mr. West (Feat. Bernie Mac)
    02. Heard 'Em Say (Feat. Adam Levine of Maroon 5)
    03. Touch The Sky (Feat. Lupe Fiasco)
    04. Gold Digger (Feat. Jamie Foxx)
    05. Skit #1
    06. Drive Slow (Feat. Paul Wall & GLC)
    07. My Way Home (Feat. Common)
    08. Crack Music (Feat. The Game)
    09. Roses
    10. Bring Me Down (Feat. Brandy)
    11. Addiction
    12. Skit #2
    13. Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix) (Feat. Jay-Z)
    14. We Major (Feat. Nas & Really Doe)
    15. Skit #3
    16. Hey Mama
    17. Celebration
    18. Skit #4
    19. Gone (Feat. Consequence & Cam'Ron)
    20. Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Bonus Track)
    21. Late (Hidden Track)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Haven't heard the cd myself, only Diamonds (over-rated), Gold Digger (horrible), Hey Mama (fantastic) and Heard Em Say (filler). Not too impressed so far, maybe Kanye should have waited a lil longer to release the make-or break second LP. I loved College Dropout but the first two singles from Late Registration are nowhere on the same scale as Through the Wire and All Falls Down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

where did you get the album? I thought it wasn't out until Monday the 29th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kimparker_1

Follow this link if you would like to download Kanye West LAst registration, i obtained this link from a U.K. Website. It is only valid until 6am on 21st august.

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

B-b-b-b-b-banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Its a huge letdown I have to say. I was a big big big fan of his first album but this album is really lacking the overall standard. Any song from College Dropout would have been a standout song on this album.

Gold Digger, Diamonds, Hey Mama and Touch the Sky are all good. Bring me down is okay. The rest of the album is all really dull filler imo :( Already having had 3 of these 4 'standout' songs before the album was released also didnt help my disapointment, but thats sort of my own fault..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

gold digger is a gr8 song man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1985

i really, really like it.

I think its very solid, maybe no jump out at you tracks like "Jesus Walks" or "Family Business", but its an inventive, experimental album.

Favourites so far : "Roses" "Hey Mama" "We Major" (sounds like an MF Doom bear) and "Gone"

Weakest Tracks : "Bring Me Down" "Heard Em Say"

The rest is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Good tracks: Drive Slow, My Way home, We Major, Hey Mama(my favourite so far), Gone and Late

Bad Tracks: Heard 'em say, Bring Me down, addiction, Gold Digger

the rest is positively uninspiring im afraid and those skits are really annoying me already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

is 'Hey Mama' the one where theres a big clap after he says it, then he says im so proud of u... or something?

If so i've heard this track close to 6-8months ago. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Its been bouncing around on various mixtape/bootlegs for 6 months or more, its just been reproduced and spruced up a bit for this album (and it does sound noticably better, in my opinion).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭THE1NE

Give the album a chance trust me it will grow on you.
    Hey Mama has been re-done sort of yeah (The beat).
    He got that John Brion guy or whatever his name is to add some nice synths and stuff to it,Definetely sounds better.

Anyway its a really good album all the tracks I like except Crack-Music which is pretty bad.
    Standouts are..
    We can make it better,Sky High,Hold Digger,Gone,Diamonds From Sierra Leone and Hey Mama.
    BTW does anybody recognise the loop in the backround in Drive Slow from D-12's-No Ones Iller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

can't wait to get the album!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Woah really good album, wasnt a big fan of the first two singles but the album is great. Not as complete an album as College Dropout but a great effort and lyrically a big improvement for 'Ye. Don't download tracks, Late Registration has to be heard as an album. Jon Brion's help is evident, the album is an experience.

Love - Crack Music, We Major, Hey Mama, Touch The Sky,

Hate - Back To Basics, Bring Me Down, Gold Digger, the skits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

i think the best 5 songs on it are

Diamonds remix coz of jay's verse
    heard em say
    we major
    drive slow
    Hey mama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DJTrey313

I think this album is awesome, I like most of the songs on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I cannot put one song down on this album!!! the whole album is great he has immproved greatly since the college dropout and i think he will continue to do so in his next 2 albums :)

Favs are in order 1.Addiction
    2.Hey Mama
    3.Roses

and i love everything else... well maybe not crack music that is a bit wack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

great album, kudos to Kanye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

As someone said above, at first it doesn't sound great but it takes a while to acclimatise to these sort of albums. I've skimmed over it once already (got it today) and there's a few good tracks on there; Diamonds Remix, Roses, Hey Mama. I like Gold Digger as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Not an entirely great album but Heard 'Em Say and Addiction are fantastic! Crack Music being probably the only other good one after Gold Digger. Not a huge fan of Diamonds From Sierra Leone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

lets be honest its not as good as college dropout, but thats cos in my opinon it was best rap album ever.

having sed dat its still really gud album, just lacks the standout tracks of "tcd"

fav song---diamonds--version without jay-z (stay in retirement,does not fit with flow or content of song)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

ciaran13 wrote:
    lets be honest its not as good as college dropout, but thats cos in my opinon it was best rap album ever.

Hmmm, a very informed opinion im sure, how many rap albums do you have? 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Who cares, if it's his favourite it's his favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Man, some people in here are way too quick to judge other peoples opinions. I have to say that i'm delighted with late registration. every song is a potetial single. quality has improved a whole bunch and its good to see kanye diversifying his sound a bit. addiction is pure FYAAAAAA!!!

Advertisement