Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overheard in new york

• 19-08-2005 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

These are quotes from people who were overheard in new york.
    Brilliant stuff. Some people are just stupid.

Man: I want the strongest coffee you have. With caffeine. Please.
    --Starbucks, 78th & Lexington

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭eyedrenalin

You know that there's a www.overheardincork.com and a www.overheardindublin.com too?

B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

which leads to one of the funniest things i have ever heard that proves the usa is the land of the idiot and home of the dumb.

in june myself and 3 friends went on holiday to orlando/new york. while in new york we hit a bar in the village and werent particularly enjoying it.

funny moment a LARGE black woman sits beside my mate and goes "you smell good" his instant reaction was "no i dont".

but thats not all, a few minutes later these black guys(BG) sit near us and start chatting away.

BG - so where ya'll from
    US - ireland
    BG - where dat?
    US - (holding back the laughter) in europe, you know near france, england?
    BG - sorry i dont got my geography, you all take the train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

When I was outside a Burger King in San Francisco, this guy came over to us and ask us all the same sort of questions, like where were we from etc. After a few minutes of small talk, during which he was telling us how San Fran and New York are the only cities in America that aren't fake, his friend comes out with their food. The two walk off and we overhear them saying:

<GUY1> Man, those guys are from waaaay over there! *big throw of his hand*
    <GUY2> Where? East Coast?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Daniel_109

Was in a guitar store in escondido (not too far from san diego) and when i was paying for a snare the bloke at the till asks "Where you guys from" and i said ireland, and he then says " man u guys have really good english!"

A few days later i was in vegas and was in the hotel and some bloke asked "Where u guys from?" and i said ireland, then he siad "Man u guys must have been really pis*ed when the english invaded!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

aye. same as above.
    On plane from Chicago to vegas:
    Mexican guy beside me: so where ya from, dude?
    me: ireland
    MG: where?
    Me: its in europe.
    MG: Is that in montana, because I have cousins there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Was introduced to an American one night. When he asked me where I was from and I replied Dublin, he said "Oh, yeah, that's near London right?"
    A bit shocked, I replied no and tried to explain to him the Ireland was an island... beside England. I think I completely lost him at this point coz he kept arguing with me about where Dublin was. (Dude, I live there!!)
    Anyway, after a long search I managed to find an atlas and opened it on the page where only Ireland and England are shown. It's a map, so the distance between thee 2 islands is not that huge.

After I had shown him the difference between England/Ireland and London/Dublin, he asked if I could swim from one country to the other. So amazed at his questions I decided to have some fun and told him that Irish people do this all the time. he reconed it should not take that long to swim coz "it's so small dude!" Keeping in mind how long it takes the ferry to cross, I told him that we usually swim it in about 40 minutes or so.

The conversation just got worse from there on and he believed everything I told him. Everyone else in the room (also Americans) were doubling over with laughter at the amount of BS I was comin out with.

With a target like that, you just get carried away :D

He proabaly still thinks we all must be olympic swimmers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I once told an american that my uncle was a leprechaun.
    She asked did he live in an under-hill house like the hobbits in LOTR do.
    I replied of course, sure where do you think they filmed those scenes.
    She was mucho impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I once told an american that my uncle was a leprechaun.
    She asked did he live in an under-hill house like the hobbits in LOTR do.
    I replied of course, sure where do you think they filmed those scenes.
    She was mucho impressed

realllaaaaayyyyy..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I went to look at the Phil Lynott statue after it was unveiled last Friday night. There was a crowd around it. An American couple were standing nearby and I heard them asking who he was. I told the woman it was Phil Lynott. She had never heard of him. I told her he was a very famous Irish Rock star. She asked me was he dead? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

o dude the overheard in new york site is the funiest thing ive ever seen ever seriously i was like flowing with tears laughing at some of the **** on it omg...

• Advertisement
Advertisement