Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA game for ps2

Options
  • 19-08-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Folks,

Anyone have any idea what happened the must heralded GAA title for the PS2. I remember much fanfare about this when it was first announced (bout 2 years ago afaik). But it never materialised. it was gonna use a aussie rules game engine I think.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

From what I recall it's on its way, some time between August and September, but that could have moved again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Really? I thought the GAA had pulled the plug on it. Pooka irish developers got dropped and there was eventually some issue with Aussie crowd that were going to develop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

do they honestly expect this game to sell

GreenHell wrote:
    Really? I thought the GAA had pulled the plug on it. Pooka irish developers got dropped and there was eventually some issue with Aussie crowd that were going to develop it.

*shrug*, you could be right. I know the GAA weren't backing it, but the GPA were, it was going to be called Gaelic Football rather than GAA.
    Last I heard it was still on track, but I haven't been paying that much attention to it.

1huge1 wrote:
    do they honestly expect this game to sell

well, it will be built on an existing engine so dev costs will be minimal. It wont need huge marketing money and it will probably sell at €30 tops. If a couple of Croke Parks worth of fans bought it they'd be in profit, I'd say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement