Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Officially Pimp'd

Options
  • 19-08-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

OK, this is a thread suggested by a fellow boards member, basically you just Pimp up cars in PS, or whatever programme you use. Here's my one, remember this is my first time doing it. All comments welcome. :)

Pimp'd.JPG

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Wow invisible car - what a pimped out ride

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i'm guessing that this is it here:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/21926740/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think the host wouldn't allow hotlinking (http://www.freewebs.com/general3214/Pimp'd.jpg) - but since I've viewed it there, I'm able to see it in the thread...edit: of wait, it's gone again

Nice idea for a thread btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

There we go, link fixed. Forgot about capital "JPG"..

Thanks Sionnach btw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ou cool!! Me likes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

My attempt - spoiler isnt really great , I didnt want to grab it from another car but it turn out to well

Thanks Oldyellar,

Nice and simple Citizen, I would say that You should make it look effected by its surroundings, like a showdow on the underside of the body, Currently it looks like it's from a game. With a little work it'd be more realistic. Good attmept tho.

What is this strange thing you speaketh of , Realism?

Laguna Coupe anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭shane_mcc

i suppose since i suggested this thread i should post something, so in true pimped fashon, i give you the jag xjr 1996 model
    its a big images so it might be a good idea to save it to your desktop and look at it in an image viewer
    jagtwo3ps.th.jpg

might wanna host that image on some decent webspace, try imageshack or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

What is this strange thing you speaketh of , Realism?

Laguna Coupe anyone?
    You've posted the same one twice Citizen :)

no he hasn't

the second one is a coupé. in fairness they are pretty similar.

Nice work shane. Maybe try and like take away the indicator and door handles, it makes for a smother pic. Also the edges are a bit rough about the left headlight, and underside of the doors. all in all , slick :D

thanks comments and for for the imageshack tip, never heard of them before.
    will make suggested changes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Pretty impressive. Is this kind of thing easy to do? How would you fair designing a car of your own with photoshop alone, no pictures or any other aid.

Just on a slightly relevant question - where or what is the perspective or deform tool in Adobe (I dont mean the free transform tool)

on pc? select the relavent layer, press Ctrl+T to get the freeform tool around the object, then press either alt and click and hold a corner square of the free form box, try using the shift key or the Ctrl key too for different effects.
    have fun

cormie wrote:
    Pretty impressive. Is this kind of thing easy to do? How would you fair designing a car of your own with photoshop alone, no pictures or any other aid.

is that a challenge? its relatively easy, as with everything, you get better with experience...
    if you were starting from scratch it would be harder, and if you were creating something original it would take time to come up with a good design then creating it, maybe a week(a few hours a day), but nothing is impossible

yeah it wouldn;t be excessively hard to come up with soem concept car. it'd be the idea part I'd find hard. I mean, it's be more then time then difficulty.

It would be much easier to make a concept drawing in a 3d prog imo. Or draw it free hand and scan it in (i might also have some of them lying around)

It would be much easier to make a concept drawing in a 3d prog imo. Or draw it free hand and scan it in (i might also have some of them lying around)

true. to quote my head lecturer "design begins with paper and a pencil, the computer is just a tool to realise those designs"

3ds max is on my must learn list for september.

anyone looking for a good free alternative should check out blender3D, google it!

• Advertisement

yeah, I have never tried 3D Max properly. Might try it someday, when I get the time. Next summer more then likely:p

Blender is the tool I use , I used to be into it before I started 'shopping but then I started coming here and drifted a bit away from it.

well its gone from a doodle to a line drawing, here is an finished rough of my concept supercar. good enough for finishing? ideas?
    concept2lz.png

Thats how they start man, thats exactly what wacom pads are for. Great for that. i might doddle one.

Shrimp wrote:
    Thats how they start man, thats exactly what wacom pads are for. Great for that. i might doddle one.
    'fraid not, good old pen and paper for rough concept sketches, then scanned and traced the image in illustrator and did some final tweeking of the design.
    i've found that the tablet is best used in photoshop for drawing and colouring. i mouse almost everything else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Like the sketches shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that car looks really cool.i wouldnot mind one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

i'll give it a go. thinking of getting one? do you want all the stickers etc, or just plain black? looks like somebody gave a blind person the job of colour co-ordinating the rear bumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not really pimped but

Ferrari Enzo

i like it!

Advertisement