Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Officially Pimp'd

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭shane_mcc

looks the dogs bollox :) , except for those reflections?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

shane_mcc wrote:
    looks the dogs bollox :) , except for those reflections?

cheers i wasn't 100 % sure on wether or not to do the reflections but i felt it made it look more "real" with them in. might colour it all in though take out the reflections

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Quality sh*t danniemcq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

good to see an interest.

here is a rough finished concept sketch for the upique car. unfortunatly this will be as far as i'll be taking it. the car will be my motivation to learn a 3d application, so the next time you will see it will be in wonderous 3d
    concept22sb.png

• Advertisement

Nice job Shane, I might have a go at a concept car sketch like that one. :)

oh yeah i did that a while back but didn't bother savin it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Nice work shane like'n the cupra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Mmm ... blender . I know there are a lot of problems with the render(attached) (the rim is to rippley cause the normal displacemant value is to high and the texture isn't small enough , the actuall rim is too large and I could have turned up the photon to give better caustics) but that took at least 30 min to render on the this stat-of-art this gaming pc so I do not have the time to do it again just now. But a point I'm making to Shane is that if you want the uber realistic renders with yafray etc.. you are going to need a very stable PC that can run at full poke for at least an hour without toppling over. (that is if you have a powerful pc) . If you have a standard Dell type computer then it will need to run at least 3 hours at full speed ( that is if it can do it all )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

this thread does not in fact carry the official pimdaddy mark of excellence

Ah , but I'll think you'll find our lawyers can be quite persuasive , just step into this dark room over here and we'll sort it out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

pimpdaddy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

shane_mcc wrote:
    black with stckers
    wtccleonoschersleben03copy0do.png

:eek: great work thanks, car looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Most of you have seen this one

but here is another one same idea but different at the same time Ferrari 2

i know the quality isn't the best but i wanted it to be quick to load. in the original one i have it's actually A0 size.

Is that traced or from scratch? Either way , it is incredibly impressive , we are in your shadow :eek:

Here is a render of a reletivly low detail , idea of a car. It is only a front end adn has not even yet been refined into a finished object but still took over an hour and a half to render ( on a Bf2 full spec playing machine )
    I have managed to do the same thing with the ripply metal in places like the bonnet , bu as mentioned before it takes too long to do again just for the sake of it.

Advertisement