Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SnookerBase: my FREE Snooker database/stats software

• 19-08-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello all...

I have been developing a software package called SnookerBase for my snooker-addicted friends here in the USA. Currently, we have SnookerBase installed on a dedicated PC in our local snooker room, for entering inning-by-inning accounts of each frame. Our PC sits just a few feet from the snooker table. It stores these frames and calculates tons of interesting stats, ratings, and all-time records. It also doubles as a nice scoreboard in the snooker room, as you can easily see the current score and other frame info from well across the room. Control is almost solely with the mouse; the only thing you need the keyboard for is to enter new player names that haven't yet played any frames in the system.

I have recently begun enhancing SnookerBase to be a distributed FREEWARE program which will automatically send its data file to my central database for compilation and processing. This will allow me to compile and compare stats for any and all players worldwide that may be using the software, and send out periodic emails full of all kinds of fun stats/rankings to each contributing user.

I wanted to post here to see what kind of interest there is for such a program. We really enjoy using SnookerBase to enter all of our frames, and thought it only fair to offer it to the public. And the idea of having stats sent in from every single SnookerBase installation is quite exciting to me. I'm hoping to get some screenshots posted here sometime soon... Once we move past beta testing, we'll most likely put together a website where you can download SnookerBase...

For now, you can email me at archaeal@gmail.com with any questions/comments, or inquiries into obtaining a copy of the software. Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

couple of questions, is the software ad supported, does it run on laptops and is it automated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 juanbond

SnookerBase is not ad supported.

It runs on any Windows/Mac/Unix/Linux/Solaris machine, including laptops.

What do you mean by automated? It doesn't score frames for you by itself, you need to tell it what's happening on the snooker table...

Thats what I was asking would be fairly awkward in most snooker clubs in Ireland. Although it's freeware is it ad supported?

SnookerBase is not ad supported. It could conceivably become shareware in the future, but for now it is free and fully functional. I can't wait to get a few copies out there, and see the global snooker stats come to life!!! That should happen within a few weeks, once some of the new functionality is completed and tested.

I guess it wasn't designed primarily for use by leagues and clubs, but more for players or friends that have a snooker table of their own, and would like to keep track of all their frames in more detail than other software allows. I began developing it when some friends and I rebuilt an 1895 10-foot snooker table, and quickly realized that we would need to keep a running score on paper. I figured, if we're doing that, we might as well be saving all our results to a database...and have stats galore! I guess we're just way crazy about snooker, and keeping a detailed record of our play... Our installation is soon to be fitted with a touch-screen for interfacing with SnookerBase, such that neither mouse nor keyboard are needed at all!

- A

That all sounds good to me so when I could I get me hans on a copy out of curiousity?

• Advertisement

I could probably get a downloadable copy up on the web within a week or so. I would do it sooner but I am still making changes and adding some functionality. I will post here when it becomes available for download.

please do id be very interested in trying it out

Here is the website URL where you can find a little more info on SnookerBase, and watch for updates. I will be making the program download available probably sometime late next week. I will have some screenshots up by the end of this weekend...

SnookerBase Website

Hello everyone... SnookerBase has recently undergone a few more upgrades. I have updated the website to show a few SnookerBase screenshots, as well as the up-to-date stats from my snooker room. You can find the website at psr47.com/sbase. Please be sure to check out the SB.Net page to view the latest stats (currently as of 1/21/2006). I hope to have a downloadable version on the site soon... Sorry for the lack of updates...hope to hear from you soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Overstear

I know this is an old thread but I was hoping to get in touch with juanbond here since I'm eager to try his tool but am unable to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if it ever saw the light of day or could someone maybe get me in touch with him?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 japdos

Hello,
    I'm interested in, too.
    I have sent an email to juanbond asking him for the beta version to try it, but I have no answer yet.

I really wish see it.

regards.

Advertisement